Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone! Long time car enthusiast here, four time mustang owner and most recently coming back over from a GTR. Just signed for a 2020 GT500 CFTP car with painted stripes. Oxford White with black stripes! Delivery looking like the end of October. Was a lucky find on my part!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome! That's great you were able to get the 2020 allocation. Congrats!
My 2020 is scheduled for week of October 12 build.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,235 Posts
Greetings everyone! Long time car enthusiast here, four time mustang owner and most recently coming back over from a GTR. Just signed for a 2020 GT500 CFTP car with painted stripes. Oxford White with black stripes! Delivery looking like the end of October. Was a lucky find on my part!
Welcome to the forum kstand and congrats on scoring a CFTP! 🤟

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts comparing/contrasting your new toy to your GTR... was the GTR stock?

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum kstand and congrats on scoring a CFTP! 🤟

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts comparing/contrasting your new toy to your GTR... was the GTR stock?

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you need any forum assistance.
Tim, as I do not have my car yet, I can only compare the GTR to the initial impression of the base GT500 I sat in. No driving impressions yet. My biggest complaints with the GTR were the poor radio/navigation unit (signal loss, poor response time, lack of updates), creaks and rattles (windshield, sunglasses holder, seat belt retainer), poor paint from factory, unimpressive AC unit (my other vehicle was a large diesel truck, not known for great AC), turbo lag for days, and exhaust note that required an aftermarket replacement and higher RPMs for a decent (to me) sound. Many of those comparisons will require ownership for me to weigh in on, but I have high expectations for the GT500! Oh, and the backseat was so unusable in the GTR, I decided I’d just delete it all together in this one ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations! I’m leaning towards oxford white with black myself. Ask me tomorrow and I’ll likely have a different color in mind :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations! I’m leaning towards oxford white with black myself. Ask me tomorrow and I’ll likely have a different color in mind :)
I can’t imagine my options will be very popular. Someone smarter than me may be able to point out final build/option numbers. What are your second and third choices?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,235 Posts
I can’t imagine my options will be very popular. Someone smarter than me may be able to point out final build/option numbers. What are your second and third choices?
The build numbers won’t be released until production stops for 2020.

Reactions: kstand

·
Registered
42 Posts
Second is Ford Velocity Blue with White, and Tim’s favorite Rapid Red (which will be Lucid Red Pearl in 2021) also white stripes. Since I’m going for a 2021 I do want to see the other new colors. They all look so damn good, I don’t think it matters much.

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
Tim, as I do not have my car yet, I can only compare the GTR to the initial impression of the base GT500 I sat in. No driving impressions yet. My biggest complaints with the GTR were the poor radio/navigation unit (signal loss, poor response time, lack of updates), creaks and rattles (windshield, sunglasses holder, seat belt retainer), poor paint from factory, unimpressive AC unit (my other vehicle was a large diesel truck, not known for great AC), turbo lag for days, and exhaust note that required an aftermarket replacement and higher RPMs for a decent (to me) sound. Many of those comparisons will require ownership for me to weigh in on, but I have high expectations for the GT500! Oh, and the backseat was so unusable in the GTR, I decided I’d just delete it all together in this one ;)
What year of GTR did you have?

i have none of the issues you describe on my 17 GTR Except turbo lag.

There is turbo lag when you punch it at low rpm.

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
739 Posts
Congrats on new ride. Im
What year of GTR did you have?

i have none of the issues you describe on my 17 GTR Except turbo lag.

There is turbo lag when you punch it at low rpm.
ets intercooler, simple tune and it’s a completely different animal😉.that car is restricted so much from factory

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on new ride. Im

ets intercooler, simple tune and it’s a completely different animal😉.that car is restricted so much from factory
I have witnessed the untamed Godzilla, unfortunately I decided to go a different route. It led me here though. It was a close call between the base GT500, the CFTP and the AMG GT. I actually had signed for a base but another manager had taken a deposit earlier that morning. Missed it by a few hours. Oh well. I pulled a Tim and got the CFTP (minus the wait :p)

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
2019 Premium
Wow, that is terrible. A 19 shouldn’t have those issues. I assume you must have had an old CBA which you mentioned that shit radio and rattles.

I have 25,000 miles on 17 and don’t have any of those issues. I have had my tuned on e-85 for a year and it is still running strong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, that is terrible. A 19 shouldn’t have those issues. I assume you must have had an old CBA which you mentioned that shit radio and rattles.

I have 25,000 miles on 17 and don’t have any of those issues. I have had my tuned on e-85 for a year and it is still running strong.
I'd do it again! I fully plan on having another GTR someday. Just wasn't the right car and time.

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
I'd do it again! I fully plan on having another GTR someday. Just wasn't the right car and time.
Don’t blame you for dumping it. Sounds like you got a lemon. They are too expensive to put up with that crap. Enjoy the new GT500. Sounds like they are wicked fast out of the box. You might miss the AWD.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
410 Posts
I have witnessed the untamed Godzilla, unfortunately I decided to go a different route. It led me here though. It was a close call between the base GT500, the CFTP and the AMG GT. I actually had signed for a base but another manager had taken a deposit earlier that morning. Missed it by a few hours. Oh well. I pulled a Tim and got the CFTP (minus the wait :p)
My BIL owns an AMG GT. Bought it new in 2016. One beast of a car!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts