Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I’m sure the craziness will cool next year.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,003 Posts
A 20k or 30k markup is one thing but I would have to agree INSANE! No matter how much money you have are you going to pay $100k more than it is worth. I guess some people would.🤪

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 20k or 30k markup is one thing but I would have to agree INSANE! No matter how much money you have are you going to pay $100k more than it is worth. I guess some people would.🤪
A loaded CFTP car comes in at $106,285. This would be about an $80k markup. The bonus is you get to pay tax on the markup as well! 🤑

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,003 Posts
Still Insane!

·
Super Moderator
5,045 Posts
I'm throwing things like this in to the "irrational exuberance" bucket for stock market bubble monitoring purposes. Remember when in 2000 when everyone thought they could pick stocks and make money -- companies didn't need to actually make money! Then in 2008 when housing and condo prices were going through the roof. I remember thinking at the time "how in the heck are people affording these condos and everyone is driving new cars? what am i missing". Then kabloom. I hope that's not the case but if people are paying this kind of markup, something is amiss. Ok, rant off. ;)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm throwing things like this in to the "irrational exuberance" bucket for stock market bubble monitoring purposes. Remember when in 2000 when everyone thought they could pick stocks and make money -- companies didn't need to actually make money! Then in 2008 when housing and condo prices were going through the roof. I remember thinking at the time "how in the heck are people affording these condos and everyone is driving new cars? what am i missing". Then kabloom. I hope that's not the case but if people are paying this kind of markup, something is amiss. Ok, rant off. ;)
I think some of these big crazy markups are a way for the dealer to park the car on their showroom floor to show it off for awhile. It most likely won’t sell for that price, but if someone comes along and smacks down a big check, the dealer will let it go. Otherwise they will lower the markup to the typical $20k to $30k like many other CFTP cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts