Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo.... if you have a Shelby GT 500 and you are a member of this great forum....and you sell the GT500 and buy a 2017 Shelby Super Snake ( not a GT500) ...can you still be welcomed and a loved member of this site?

Goose, you want to weigh in on this and give us a ruling?

Registered
2020 GT500 Rapid Red Base model
I can't wait to hear this. they are both Mustangs. You have my blessing for whatever it is worth. 馃榾

Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
Soooo.... if you have a Shelby GT 500 and you are a member of this great forum....and you sell the GT500 and buy a 2017 Shelby Super Snake ( not a GT500) ...can you still be welcomed and a loved member of this site?

If I was accepted by this great forum/members with not owning a mustang I鈥檓 sure you are 馃檪. I鈥檓 the oddball of group with a 鈥淪helby gt500 cobra鈥濔煒煒

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white

At least it鈥檚 not a Cobra...Tim gets fussy about that word....
Funny! :ROFLMAO:

We love all things Mustang here! The new Super Snake is a sweet-ass ride! Since it is not a GT500, however, discussions specific to it would go in this sub-forum:

Moderator/Admin Dude!
If I was accepted by this great forum/members with not owning a mustang I鈥檓 sure you are 馃檪. I鈥檓 the oddball of group with a 鈥淪helby gt500 cobra鈥濔煒煒
Yeppers... we have all sorts of non-GT500 members here. We may love Mustangs, but when it comes down to it, we are car guys/gals. I think most find this a friendly and inviting place to chat.

Reactions: Chach805

Premium Member
For the right amount of cash, I鈥檇 say anything鈥檚 possible.

Premium Member
....... "oddball of the group" ..... ha, ha, ha .....I think my antique Ford conversion van takes the title for that category ...... (it's lucky it has a 5.4L Ford engine???).......... soooooooooo, I would say that almost anyone infected with "car nut fever" is pretty much welcome around here .... good group of "jovial" guys and gals !!! :)

Registered
2014 GT500

Bob, what鈥檚 up? You鈥檙e not selling that beauty are you?

Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
Shelby had to do something during that 6 MY pause.
I suspect the GT conversions won't hold their value as well, time will tell..

#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
This forum is unique in that it is a compilation of GT500/GT350 and all other manner of Shelby vehicles. It started out with mostly 2007 Shelby GT500 owners when the new GT500s appeared. As the membership grew, many of us made the pilgrimage to Shelbyfest in Missouri. As a result, closer friendships were established and grew as did the following years of the GT500 productions. Shelbyfest subsequently became a yearly get-together where newer member's of our forum could put faces with names and past friendships could be replenished. Shelbyfest became an opportunity for all of us to gather and spend a long weekend of cars, laughter, over-eating/drinking, and the car show! We even put together a couple of auctions to help some members who had experienced some overwhelming medical bills. I think we can all thank Kyle Caraway (the founder of Shelbyfest) who created a venue and avenue for us to meet on a yearly basis. Over the years some of us migrated to other car's or "Vans" but were unwilling to leave the forum and the friendships that had been established.

Registered
One of our moderators owns a Corvette. You'll be fine.

That being said, I can't think of a single reason I'd buy an S550 chassis super snake over a 2020 GT500.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
One of our moderators owns a Corvette. You'll be fine.

That being said, I can't think of a single reason I'd buy an S550 chassis super snake over a 2020 GT500.
I could see someone going for one if they were dead-set on getting a convertible.

Premium Member
I can think of a few. . .
Unique
Manual transmission
Convertible
850hp
CSM#
Throw in the body option

I鈥檇 gladly take either car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts