Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
This is the kind of no nonsense SUV I would buy. It is a REAL truck, not a car that looks like a truck. With a 5.0 option it would sell like hotcakes. My fear is that the production model wouldn't be anything like the concept.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
I like it a lot! the older Broncos are the coolest IMO- heck, retro styling worked for the Mustang for a while, why not the Bronco! I say GO FOR IT FORD!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That's pretty cool. I miss the Broncos and the original 2 door Chevy Blazers. I say they bring it back as an SVT similar to the Raptor and just go all out.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Toyota just killed their FJ

Jeep went to a 4 door

i think a 4 door version would work...a direct competitor to the jeeps 4 door

a 2 door....it would work for a year and then die off....its cool....but people want 4 doors now....the jeep looks good or even better in a 4 door vs their 2 door...

Ford is into fuel economy now....90% of their cars are about mileage.....i dont think they need another v8 to screw up their Cafe ratings

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yea, this keeps getting brought up this spring. Not sure who started it, but it's made it's rounds a couple times over at pretty much every Ford site I go to.

·
Banned
9,880 Posts
Probably will never be built. The high ground clearance/short wheelbase is just to much of a liability. They are inherently unstable at higher speeds and the car companies are that fond of being sued for it. Look all the problems they had with the early explorers. I drove a 98 when we were looking for one and die the side to side swerve and it felt unstable. Ended up getting a 98 Jimmy instead just because it felt more stable.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Id probably have one to go with the 79 and 86...

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts