Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT 500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an EVAP code come on and I am not set up yet to much of my own work. Took it to Ford and they replaced the purge valve assembly and cleared the code. 2 days later, engine light is back on. Previous codes were P0451 and P0442. My OBDII is coming tomorrow, so not sure what this current code is, but I am willing to bet it is one of the same codes or both. Also, looking through old threads I see people had some issues here and there putting gas in. Yesterday, before this engine light cane back on, I could barely get it to take gas. Had to hold it myself and let it go slowly. Related? Thoughts?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,897 Posts
Check you vent tube for melting by the exhaust.

Reactions: Cobra4me and Ferris

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT 500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check you vent tube for melting by the exhaust.
Hey Tim - Keep in mind I know a little about alot as far as mechanics, but I am rapidly learning and proactively trying to learn as much as I can in my re-found hobby. :). I just ordered jacking rails and an at home lift, but it will be a minute before it all comes and is set up.

Having said that, I think I found it and I do not see any melting.
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper Grey

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Shelby GT500
618 Posts
My vent tube melted above the passenger side over axle pipe. Look there also. Had the same problem with pumping gas

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT 500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My vent tube melted above the passenger side over axle pipe. Look there also. Had the same problem with pumping gas
This was exactly the issue. Melted over passenger side exhaust. Just cut it back and cleared the codes. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2007 White, red stripes
143 Posts
Glad your fixed, I would be talking with the dealer. With others having had this issue, (it's known) and the shop didn't.
Assuming they did replace the part, technically they did nothing illegal. BUT and it's huge, I pay dealer service fee's is they are supposed to KNOW this car, have all the tech bulletins and are supposed to know more than the regular joe.

The difference between a backyard and ASE one replaces the parts from the known possible parts top down, the other knows what part was done the last 5 times they saw it.
Because the shop put in the part and paid the tech, they can't recoup that mistake and you being the nice guy won't raise a fuss but do expect to be given a break next time.
A repeat of this will be the last time you see me, wasting my money you only get to do that once.

If they don't know it's broke they can't fix it, so your letting them know they dropped the ball on this one please be nice to me next time. I was nice this time.

How do you resolve others failing at there job and you paying for it.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT 500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad your fixed, I would be talking with the dealer. With others having had this issue, (it's known) and the shop didn't.
Assuming they did replace the part, technically they did nothing illegal. BUT and it's huge, I pay dealer service fee's is they are supposed to KNOW this car, have all the tech bulletins and are supposed to know more than the regular joe.

The difference between a backyard and ASE one replaces the parts from the known possible parts top down, the other knows what part was done the last 5 times they saw it.
Because the shop put in the part and paid the tech, they can't recoup that mistake and you being the nice guy won't raise a fuss but do expect to be given a break next time.
A repeat of this will be the last time you see me, wasting my money you only get to do that once.

If they don't know it's broke they can't fix it, so your letting them know they dropped the ball on this one please be nice to me next time. I was nice this time.

How do you resolve others failing at there job and you paying for it.
You are absolutely right and I did talk to them. I believe in 3 strikes your out. They are on strike one. Replacing that valve would have been on me, but the former owner paid for it. Either way, they are on notice. I have other options. Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts