Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently ran across some incredible deals on pricing for a 2004 4.6 2 valve swapped notchback mustang and also a stock gt500 supercharger from a 2013 model. I'm curious if anyone offers a supercharger mounting kit for this application. I know it's an odd set up, but for the price of all of this I'm willing to throw some money at it and see what can be done. Please advise of there is a kit that will allow me to mount this supercharger to this engine. I haven't been able to find a post or topic on this, I'm sure it's probably considered ancient activity by now but, I'm very interested in making this happen.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,902 Posts
Hello everyone. I recently ran across some incredible deals on pricing for a 2004 4.6 2 valve swapped notchback mustang and also a stock gt500 supercharger from a 2013 model. I'm curious if anyone offers a supercharger mounting kit for this application. I know it's an odd set up, but for the price of all of this I'm willing to throw some money at it and see what can be done. Please advise of there is a kit that will allow me to mount this supercharger to this engine. I haven't been able to find a post or topic on this, I'm sure it's probably considered ancient activity by now but, I'm very interested in making this happen.
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a fun project! I used to have a 2002 Mustang GT… it was a fun little car! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
321 Posts
i THINK the only supercharger you can install on a 2V 4.6 is a external centrifugal one.

Department Of Boost, DOB, makes a intake to bolt on a GT500 M122, TVS 2.3 and other bigger ones on both the 3V 4.6 and the 5.0 coyote motors.
i have a BOD intake with a ported TVS on my forged motor 08 Bullitt mustang. makes 650 rwhp on pump 93 octane gas.

ford makes a OEM intake, and i THINK there might be a aftermarket one also, to do this on a 4V motor. matbe upgrade to 4V heads and go this route.
4V heads will bolt to your block. you will probably need new pistons, a different timing cover and pulley drive system also.

i would suggest looking for a SN95 forum or a 4.6 2V forum for more info.

·
Registered
2010 GT500
42 Posts
Try Tork Tech. They make a 4.6 2V manifold for roots blowers. Not sure the M122 compatibility but they have some opptions.

Roush stage 3 engines top ends of the day might be a option too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts