Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP 2003 Oxford white cobra coupe, 2003 cobra coupe black, 1988 Foxbody Notch 5.0
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, couple of questions about some maintenance. I’ve got my SVT manual, I’ve read most of it and I’ve been trying to locate where it shows some service recommendations. I have a SVT Track package on mine. I’m going to flush all my fluids, and such. Start fresh since I won’t be driving it for a little while. I broke my ankle, so no driving manuals for me for a little bit. I can’t see anywhere regarding when to change supercharger fluid, and what fluid. Can anyone possibly direct me, or give input on such? Stock blower also. Thank you in advance.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,093 Posts
Hello all, couple of questions about some maintenance. I’ve got my SVT manual, I’ve read most of it and I’ve been trying to locate where it shows some service recommendations. I have a SVT Track package on mine. I’m going to flush all my fluids, and such. Start fresh since I won’t be driving it for a little while. I broke my ankle, so no driving manuals for me for a little bit. I can’t see anywhere regarding when to change supercharger fluid, and what fluid. Can anyone possibly direct me, or give input on such? Stock blower also. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
07 GT500
378 Posts
I believe the oil in the SC is lifetime. Not sure I would even worry about that oil before 100,000 miles. I have a 07 and will probably never change mine. I only have 17,000 miles

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP 2003 Oxford white cobra coupe, 2003 cobra coupe black, 1988 Foxbody Notch 5.0
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was disgusting. Changed it. That fluid stinks, too. Won't hurt.

Old:
View attachment 225396

New

View attachment 225397
Thank you, I’m going to change mine. Under little blips of the throttle I hear a noise around 2,000-2,600. I was told it was possibly the blades opening and closing to cut off boost of some sort? Not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,423 Posts
Thank you, I’m going to change mine. Under little blips of the throttle I hear a noise around 2,000-2,600. I was told it was possibly the blades opening and closing to cut off boost of some sort? Not 100% sure.

VMP sells Eaton supercharger oil. I have changed mine, at about 50k miles. It prob did not need it to be changed, but it was dirty looking. Used VMPs Eaton supercharger oil to replace.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VMP sells Eaton supercharger oil. I have changed mine, at about 50k miles. It prob did not need it to be changed, but it was dirty looking. Used VMPs Eaton supercharger oil to replace.
Thank you for the advice. I’ll check that out for sure. They’re local to me so that works. I’m at 63I miles now. I drive the hell out of mine.

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
473 Posts
13-14's are meant to be sealed units, not a regular service item, but here's the SC servicing manual pdf and you can find the Motorcraft fluid spec on page 11 for it. If I remember correctly the front snout is fluid and the back gears are done with a heavy grease. You can do a search on here and probably find some more info/threads about doing it vs not needing to do it. GL

Attachments

Reactions: Norton and Goose17
1 - 8 of 8 Posts