Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 GT500 LCD Gauge Cluster Install into a 2011 GT500 With Track Apps and LC

10K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Goose17 
#1 ·
The following directions are for people retrofitting an LCD Gauge Cluster into a 2011/2012 GT500. Attempt this at your own risk, I will not be held responsible for bricked modules or things that may go wrong. If you are unsure, ask a question. Many people have performed this installation with very little instructions. I wrote this just to help people out and make this easier. Like most I have a lot of money invested in my car in parts and accessories so buying a 2014 GT500 because it has a better cluster with Track Apps and Launch Control, seemed a little expensive. I cannot take responsibility for this modification coming together. I stumbled upon this a few months ago on the mustang source. 2011-2012 BOSS's and GT's can also upgrade their clusters to LCD cluster using the same procedures. I must say that it is slightly more difficult in automatics.

Link to a video of the cluster installed and working perfectly:
http://youtu.be/KILfJUUn6fs

If you want to buy the parts minus the VCM II tool, I can do the install for you which would include installing the ABS Module, Flashing your PCM to a 2014, flashing your new ABS module, installing your steering wheel switch, running the wires required for your new switch to work, PATS to your keys and uploaded your new tune into your PCM. PM me for details if interested, I am located in central California.

You will need to reprogram you PCM to 2014 firmware. You will need to do some wiring in order to get the left steering wheel switch to work since you will no longer use the buttons located under your headlight switch (Info, Setup, and Reset). Before you do anything, I highly suggest you read through this write up one time before you start.

Parts you will need:

• Your new cluster (BOSS, GT Premium, or Shelby GT500) Mileage will be set for you if bought it new from a dealership. I use Tousley for all my parts ($ depends on new or used).
• Left Steering Wheel Switch – Part Number - SW 6911 ($25)
• 2013 ABS Module - Part Number - ER33 2C405 AA ($194)
• VCM II (If you want to do PATS and PMI the module on your car yourself. The unit cost $110 shipped, PATS at a dealer cost $90 alone + the reprogramming of your module makes buying one a no brainer. I suggest you buy it; it’s a great tool to have. You can do a lot with it) www.aliexpress.com search VCM II, pops right up.

***** You will need a tune update or new tune for your car. Once you flash your PCM, it will think that your car is a 5.8L V8 and you'll need a tune so it can run right*****

Apparently my write was to long and I am unable to post it. I just put up the beginning of it for you to check it out. If you want to see the whole write up go to:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ith-Track-Apps-and-LC&p=14215074#post14215074

See less See more
#7 ·
BlueEyed, you need to cop a flight to the other bay area (Tampa Bay) and hook me up. Great right up - I saw it on SVTP last night and ordered everything needed today. If it goes well it will be KICK ASS.

#8 ·
Actually, I lived in Destin, FL for 2 years and just moved back to CA in December. Once you get everything you need shot me a pm and I can be on the phone with you for the flashing part when you PMI the PCM and ABS module. Make sure you secure the pins you need for the clockspring and steering wheel switch.

#9 ·
I appreciate it, I am just lazy. Already own the VCM and have used it to flash tons of stuff. I have been programming with the SCT Pro Racer pack for some time and have had to reset a few ECMs.
I am looking for wiring diagrams for a 13/14 because I want to setup the 3 buttons below the headlight switch. Also need to relook and see how the 13 does cruise control.
Can't wait till next weekend when I can give this a shot.

#10 ·
Need someone to try it on a 2010.....

#11 ·
BlueEyedSnake and all others...

Forgive my ignorance but the answer to my questions will weigh on my choice of vehicle.
I am in the market for a 12-13 vert and the cost of upgrading a 12 "MAY" work out in my wallets favor. (my thinking may be flawed, please advise)
1) In your write-up you mentioned launch control, Will this enable additional 13/14 goodness suck as the adjustable suspension?
2) Will it enable the sport/track/street ride modes?

Great write-up BTW. I love stuff like this.

#12 ·
Ford VCM ii is really a good choice.
Received the package with all cables and CDs inside.

look at the board, genuine VCM ii.

Work no problem on Dell 360 win xp OS. Helped realize all functions i need, basic diagnostic, key clone, bleed brake, code injector...

Get support from obd365 engineer, updated the V86 to the latest V91. Carry out more stable diagnosis

#18 ·
#15 ·
Wait for it...

#20 ·
All good. Welcome to the site Gizmo!

Holler with any questions you have.

#21 ·
Why have the actual time slots been changed on the last several posts?

#22 ·
What is your conspiracy theory now? I don't understand what you are getting at.

#23 ·
The following directions are for people retrofitting an LCD Gauge Cluster into a 2011/2012 GT500. Attempt this at your own risk, I will not be held responsible for bricked modules or things that may go wrong. If you are unsure, ask a question. Many people have performed this installation with very little instructions. I wrote this just to help people out and make this easier. Like most I have a lot of money invested in my car in parts and accessories so buying a 2014 GT500 because it has a better cluster with Track Apps and Launch Control, seemed a little expensive. I cannot take responsibility for this modification coming together. I stumbled upon this a few months ago on the mustang source. 2011-2012 BOSS's and GT's can also upgrade their clusters to LCD cluster using the same procedures. I must say that it is slightly more difficult in automatics.

Link to a video of the cluster installed and working perfectly:

If you want to buy the parts minus the VCM II tool, I can do the install for you which would include installing the ABS Module, Flashing your PCM to a 2014, flashing your new ABS module, installing your steering wheel switch, running the wires required for your new switch to work, PATS to your keys and uploaded your new tune into your PCM. PM me for details if interested, I am located in central California.

You will need to reprogram you PCM to 2014 firmware. You will need to do some wiring in order to get the left steering wheel switch to work since you will no longer use the buttons located under your headlight switch (Info, Setup, and Reset). Before you do anything, I highly suggest you read through this write up one time before you start.

Parts you will need:

• Your new cluster (BOSS, GT Premium, or Shelby GT500) Mileage will be set for you if bought it new from a dealership. I use Tousley for all my parts ($ depends on new or used).
• Left Steering Wheel Switch – Part Number - SW 6911 ($25)
• 2013 ABS Module - Part Number - ER33 2C405 AA ($194)
• VCM II (If you want to do PATS and PMI the module on your car yourself. The unit cost $110 shipped, PATS at a dealer cost $90 alone + the reprogramming of your module makes buying one a no brainer. I suggest you buy it; it’s a great tool to have. You can do a lot with it) www.aliexpress.com search VCM II, pops right up.

* You will need a tune update or new tune for your car. Once you flash your PCM, it will think that your car is a 5.8L V8 and you'll need a tune so it can run right*****

Apparently my write was to long and I am unable to post it. I just put up the beginning of it for you to check it out. If you want to see the whole write up go to:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ith-Track-Apps-and-LC&p=14215074#post14215074
Do you still do this?

#24 ·
Welcome to the forum!

This thread you revived is over six years old and the OP hasn’t been back since. Please start a new thread with your questions/discussions... this one is now closed due to age.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.