Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Kevin here. Good to meet you all.
This is my second Mustang. Had a 2014 GT/CS, and missed it the day after I sold it! Decided to jump in to the big boy version and found a 2013 GT500. White with blue stripes, and as my wife says,...”the classic Shelby color”. I love that woman! Looking forward to learning a lot, and sharing when appropriate. Talk with you all, soon
KB

·
Registered
2014 GT500
467 Posts
Great choice, Kevin! 13’s and 14’s were the top of the heap until the 2020 showed up! These are an absolute blast to drive. Bone stock or modified? Options? Miles? Post pictures ASAP!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,267 Posts
This is my second Mustang. Had a 2014 GT/CS, and missed it the day after I sold it! Decided to jump in to the big boy version and found a 2013 GT500. White with blue stripes, and as my wife says,...”the classic Shelby color”. I love that woman! Looking forward to learning a lot, and sharing when appropriate. Talk with you all, soon
KB
Welcome to the forum and congrats on scoring a 2013!

You can use the 1st or 4th icons in your reply window to upload pics if you’d like to show your car.

We encourage everyone to put their first names in their signatures to help make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch of me if you need any forum assistance.

Thanks for introducing yourself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great choice, Kevin! 13’s and 14’s were the top of the heap until the 2020 showed up! These are an absolute blast to drive. Bone stock or modified? Options? Miles? Post pictures ASAP!
Hey Henry...good to meet you.

Stock, for now! ;) Will put an exhaust on (Axle-back) as my first mod....and I need to get front stone guards. Then...I'll jus sit back and play a bit! Before I jump on the exhaust, I want to hear a few, in-person. I had Roush Axle-backs on my 2014 GT, and they were perfect! Killer sound...and just loud enough! Not certain how the same set-up would sound/respond on the more powerful GT500. Also intrigued by the Corsa set-up.

KB

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,267 Posts
Reactions: Evil_E

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,983 Posts
Welcome Kevin! Great looking classic Shelby. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,447 Posts
KB

Hey Kevin, welcome. I am in Eastern NC. Where exactly are you in the west?

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
656 Posts
Welcome Kevin,
Beautiful car! Hopefully we’ll get to see it at Shelbyfest in Missouri the first week of May. It’s a great time!

·
Registered
2014 GT500
467 Posts
That’s a good looking Shelby!
When I first started looking for mine I was under the assumption that the 2010-2014 were the same except for some styling differences.......I couldn’t have been more wrong! Once I figured out how the 13’s and 14’s had evolved, that made the decision very easy.
As much as I do like the new 2020 (I’m looking at yours, Tim!), it’s pretty much out of my league. But I couldn’t be happier with my 2014......enjoy your new Shelby!

I see the kilt......are you a wee Scot?

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Shelby GT500
372 Posts
Welcome where in western NC are you? I’m in Hickory.

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts
Welcome aboad. And congrats on your Shelby. Western NC...me thinks a trip to the Tail of the Dragon is in order!!! (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That’s a good looking Shelby!
When I first started looking for mine I was under the assumption that the 2010-2014 were the same except for some styling differences.......I couldn’t have been more wrong! Once I figured out how the 13’s and 14’s had evolved, that made the decision very easy.
As much as I do like the new 2020 (I’m looking at yours, Tim!), it’s pretty much out of my league. But I couldn’t be happier with my 2014......enjoy your new Shelby!

I see the kilt......are you a wee Scot?
Yep....disaster of all disasters....a piping Scot! I'm sporting the Brodie Tartan in my avatar. Been playing for about 20 years. Silly instrument!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,126 Posts
Beautiful car and you are in a part of the country were you can drive it year round.:mad: Welcome and enjoy the forum. Lots of great people here.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Joe.

Thanks for the welcome, and I can already tell there are a lot of good folks here. Saw your car description, and would love to learn more about your sound system. At your convenience.

Thanks!
Kevin

·
Registered
2014 GT500
467 Posts
Yep....disaster of all disasters....a piping Scot! I'm sporting the Brodie Tartan in my avatar. Been playing for about 20 years. Silly instrument!

Kevin
Ye didna expect Ah’d reet a whole post in bad Scots, did ye noo? How lang wull ye persevere wi’ that, Ah’m wonderin’?
I love the pipes! My dad was born in Scotland and I grew up with my Scottish grandparents, too! Our tartan is Buchanan and my wife and I hired a piper for our wedding and EVERYBODY loved every second of that guy‘s playing...and watching my dad cry when he first heard them and my grandmother dancing along was glorious!

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Congrats, beautiful car. The Roush axle backs will be significantly louder if you add to your 2013 GT500. The GT500 doesn’t have the resonators as your GTCS did. Also, you have quad tips on your 500 and I don’t think the Roush has quad tips. If you did like the sound of the Roush on your GTCS, I think you would be happy with Corsa Extremes on your 500. Good luck and welcome.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts