Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,829 Posts
New member, with a 2012 Performance Pack. 14k miles all stock except the tires are michelin A/3s. View attachment 213763 View attachment 213764 View attachment 213765
Welcome to the forum! That’s a beautiful pair of Mustangs! 🤟

I see you have oil catch cans... nice mod! Catch cans and hood struts are the gateway drug! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your rides. Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,151 Posts
I see a resonator delete installed on the CAI.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,151 Posts
I doubt the mod does anything other than improve the asthetics of the engine compartment. I think you can still call it stock.

·
Registered
2012 Gt500 SVTPP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt the mod does anything other than improve the asthetics of the engine compartment. I think you can still call it stock.
Yeah that's seems to be the trend. There was some billet strut tower nut covers, and the carol shelby sticker on the intake. Just some older man cosmetics so I took most of it off the first week.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,829 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,013 Posts
Congrats, and welcome aboard! Sharp GT500! With the A/S3s you can drive all year round. (y) (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Little late to this thread...
Hard to tell from the pic angle, but it looks like it might have lowering springs on it to me.
I had them on my 12 SVTPP because I thought it rode better lowered.
Beautiful GT500!

·
Registered
2012 Gt500 SVTPP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little late to this thread...
Hard to tell from the pic angle, but it looks like it might have lowering springs on it to me.
I had them on my 12 SVTPP because I thought it rode better lowered.
Beautiful GT500!
I'll double check but I would be surprised cause I thought it could stand be an inch lower, but dont plan on opening up that can of worms

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I'll double check but I would be surprised cause I thought it could stand be an inch lower, but dont plan on opening up that can of worms
Like I said, could just be the picture angle.
But worth double checking...

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,151 Posts
Factory spring are black. If they're not black, they're aftermarket.

Reactions: OMB

·
Premium Member
2012 Shelby GT500 convertible, triple black w/gold stripes and Shelby 50th anniversary fender badge.
43 Posts

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts