Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 GT500. My oil in my car only has 1500 miles on it if that. I checked the oil it is full and very clean. There is a light that came on That said oil change due. I think the car went around 10 months,and as I said it only has 1500 miles on it probably not gonna change the oil. Don”t know what you guys think about this maybe it’s a time thing. It’s just that the oil looks brand new very clean and is full.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,325 Posts
The car’s computer has a timer that gives you the message after time elapsed, even with little to no usage.

For me, I change my oil more on an annual basis.

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
I used RedLine motor oil in my Shelby and waited until I hit 3,000 miles (1 1/2 years) before I changed it with no problem whatsoever. (it still looked brand new when I drained it). These top-line synthetic motor oils along with low usage have given us much better service life in our "toy cars". :)

·
Super Moderator
5,286 Posts
I was a bit more anal about it. I drove it enough to be relatively close on mileage interval to where I changed it essentially every six months. I liked using Motorcraft oil. Can find it at good prices online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
You guys are crazy. If you don't use Penzoline variable weight oil with the Tech0tron additive your engine is TOAST!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,325 Posts

·
Registered
2012 gt500 Vert
146 Posts
I've always ch it need my oil since I was 16 yes old. Now at 70 I go the dealer to have it changed. It then appears on the CarFax report. It's only a difference of about $30.

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,696 Posts
That's why I sold mine wholesale to a dealer .... engine smelled like cinnamon toast .... LOL ?
French Toast made from 'cinnamon toast' is good.

(as an alternative from PANCAKES)

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a 2012 GT500. My oil in my car only has 1500 miles on it if that. I checked the oil it is full and very clean. There is a light that came on That said oil change due. I think the car went around 10 months,and as I said it only has 1500 miles on it probably not gonna change the oil. Don”t know what you guys think about this maybe it’s a time thing. It’s just that the oil looks brand new very clean and is full.
If I had 7 year old oil I would just change it due to age. To answer your question, it is time and mileage based. In your case, the time came first.

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts