Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my showroom condition Shelby GT500 Convertible with only 4,300 miles and I am asking $54,000. I purchased this car in late February with 3,758 miles following the unexpected loss of my wife in January. It was my hope that this car would rekindle my love of cars from when I was younger. Also, since I was new to the grieving process, I was really hoping that it would give me something to do when I was having a bad day. In reality, I have learned that I’m not really able to do much of anything on a bad day and I have never really bonded with the car, so I would like to see it go to a new home.

The car itself is a time capsule that is 100% original (to the best of my knowledge) with the exception of the wheels and tires that I bought new in March 2021 at Discount Tire. I did this because it had the original tires and wheels and I wanted to protect the OEM wheels and get new tires since this is a performance car. Other than that, this is completely stock to my knowledge. As for driving, the miles I have driven have been top down cruises and short trips to visit friends or attend church. I never drove it anywhere where it left my sight except church. I had no interest in racing it or burning up expensive tires. I just liked to feel that beautiful V8 horsepower at my foot when I left stop lights and when I needed to pass someone. It was just a nice feeling, but didn’t help with my grieving. In fact, I barely heard the supercharger spool up and never had the need to push the car that hard.

I have a Carfax from when I purchased it and I have only driven it about 500 miles. The car is as close to a new car as you can get. It does not have navigation or the track pack options and comes with the Shelby cover in the photos and the original tires and rims. This would make a wonderful addition to a collection or give someone an opportunity to buy a clean slate to modify and drive as they wished. I have plenty of pictures for anyone who would like to see more angles. I would love to see this go to someone who will be excited to own it and I will entertain reasonable offers.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 15.jpg Engine.jpg IMG_5332.jpg IMG_5333.jpg IMG_5344.jpg Original .jpg

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,830 Posts
I am selling my showroom condition Shelby GT500 Convertible with only 4,300 miles and I am asking $54,000. I purchased this car in late February with 3,758 miles following the unexpected loss of my wife in January. It was my hope that this car would rekindle my love of cars from when I was younger. Also, since I was new to the grieving process, I was really hoping that it would give me something to do when I was having a bad day. In reality, I have learned that I’m not really able to do much of anything on a bad day and I have never really bonded with the car, so I would like to see it go to a new home.

The car itself is a time capsule that is 100% original (to the best of my knowledge) with the exception of the wheels and tires that I bought new in March 2021 at Discount Tire. I did this because it had the original tires and wheels and I wanted to protect the OEM wheels and get new tires since this is a performance car. Other than that, this is completely stock to my knowledge. As for driving, the miles I have driven have been top down cruises and short trips to visit friends or attend church. I never drove it anywhere where it left my sight except church. I had no interest in racing it or burning up expensive tires. I just liked to feel that beautiful V8 horsepower at my foot when I left stop lights and when I needed to pass someone. It was just a nice feeling, but didn’t help with my grieving. In fact, I barely heard the supercharger spool up and never had the need to push the car that hard.

I have a Carfax from when I purchased it and I have only driven it about 500 miles. The car is as close to a new car as you can get. It does not have navigation or the track pack options and comes with the Shelby cover in the photos and the original tires and rims. This would make a wonderful addition to a collection or give someone an opportunity to buy a clean slate to modify and drive as they wished. I have plenty of pictures for anyone who would like to see more angles. I would love to see this go to someone who will be excited to own it and I will entertain reasonable offers.

View attachment 218720 View attachment 218721 View attachment 218722 View attachment 218723 View attachment 218724 View attachment 218725 View attachment 218726 View attachment 218727 View attachment 218728
Beautiful car! Good luck with your sale. Sorry for your loss Jeff.

For anyone interested, it looks like the car is in Hickory Creek TX according to Jeff’s signature.

Reactions: MoTex2011

·
Registered
'13 GT500 - Red Candy Metallic w/ White Stripes
169 Posts
I can vouch that this is one of the finest examples of an original, unmolested 2011 you will EVER see. It is just plain amazing. Hang in there, Jeff!

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
348 Posts
Really sorry for your loss - I remember your story from a few months back. Sorry this hasn't helped the grieving process along. That is a beautiful car and the miles are crazy low. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP 2003 Oxford white cobra coupe, 2003 cobra coupe black, 1988 Foxbody Notch 5.0
31 Posts

View attachment 218720 View attachment 218721 View attachment 218722 View attachment 218723 View attachment 218724 View attachment 218725 View attachment 218726 View attachment 218727 View attachment 218728
I’m new to this forum. I had to look at your old posts to see your backstory. However I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. Sadly, I can relate. I purchased my 2014 GT500 Black with Red Stripes to honor my father who recently passed as well. He owned a 2016 Triumph Rocket III Roadster. Black, With Red Stripes as well. We talked about me purchasing this exact car, got it from North Carolina. I often times just sit in this car and reminisce the good times. I know this is a tough time, even after the GT500 sells you’ve got friend on this forum who you can talk to on those bad days. Keep your head up, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you. I’m in a Mustang Club down in Florida. I’ll ask around for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts