Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
125 Posts
I think it should be more like 40K. if they get that price it's going to be unfortunate for the precedent it sets. that's a 13-14 price range.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Wow! That's a strong ask. I know the used car market is off the chain right now but, man, their pricing seems a good ways off to me. Granted, I haven't been tracking 2011 prices so maybe I'm the one that is off. In any case, crap, I shouldn't have sold my 2011 a couple of years back...if only I had known!

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
22 Posts
@Aeneas137 you must not be following the prices on cars lately.

The used car market has exploded. All prices have SKYROCKETED. Even Hagerty has updated their pricing, 45k average is expected MSRP for a 2011 in EXCELLENT CONDITION at base (last I looked which was last week).

That is selling for what car gurus is going for too. Here ae some similar ones

2011 out of Illinois

Carvana Listing
(no haggle pricing 😨)

Out of Boston (insert boston joke)

These cars vary WILDLY with mileage for pricing. Over 50-60k miles and these things hit rock bottom for pricing. This one has relatively low mileage so it is at the upper end of the pricing curve.

5 months ago, 40k would have been a slightly high ask but negotiable original ask.

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
125 Posts
I bought my 2011 last month for $36,900. svtpp glass roof stripe delete 37k miles. and maybe that was a few thousand under value but not $10,000.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,593 Posts
I bought my 2011 last month for $36,900. svtpp glass roof stripe delete 37k miles. and maybe that was a few thousand under value but not $10,000.
More miles = less $$$$$....................3 X the miles in your case..

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
125 Posts
well the only point I was alluding to was that it would not be a good investment right now

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
22 Posts
well the only point I was alluding to was that it would not be a good investment right now
You are absolutely correct. Sorry, but it is true. Buying a car now or in the next 2-3 years should be off the table unless you can't avoid it. We snuck in, I got mine back in Feb for 39k with 9k miles. I paid a little extra to have low mileage and low ownership, and that was ok for me). I could have squeaked out with a couple that were 33-34k but I was not comfortable with the vehicle history.

Just think, now the same cars are retailing for close to 8k more than what I paid for it. Insane.

Glad you got your car just in time.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Agree it’s not a good investment right now. But, 2013-14 are going for strong money. Easily getting mid 50’s right now for the right options and even more for low miles. It is crazy for sure.

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
Not gonna comment on the price. It is worth what someone will pay for it!

Beautiful car and color combo, PLUS it has the 'standard more comfy' seats!

@blackcad55 would look REALLY COOL in that one right there!

GLWTS!
Bob Allen Ford is ALWAYS way over-priced, so make sure you dicker with them way down before you buy that car for me ...... thanks OMB !!! :)

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
343 Posts
I'd say that price is just about right for the mileage. I paid $27,500 for mine in November (from an Autonation dealer) and now I think I stole it. At the time I thought I was paying way WAY too much and really hammered them, they wanted $29,500. This is a so-called "no haggle" dealership - LOL bs. Fairly confident I could get $36k, or close to it, now (66k miles).

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
I'd say that price is just about right for the mileage. I paid $27,500 for mine in November (from an Autonation dealer) and now I think I stole it. At the time I thought I was paying way WAY too much and really hammered them, they wanted $29,500. This is a so-called "no haggle" dealership - LOL bs. Fairly confident I could get $36k, or close to it, now (66k miles).

View attachment 219155
View attachment 219156
View attachment 219158 View attachment 219159
Gorgeous vert, Anthony!

Reactions: REMIX

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Bob Allen Ford is ALWAYS way over-priced, so make sure you dicker with them way down before you buy that car for me ...... thanks OMB !!! :)
You are my Friend and Fun Run partner in crime, BUT…IF I were to buy that Shelby, it would be for ME….,

but I’m not buying that Shelby (at any price)
😩🤪🤠😎

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agree it’s not a good investment right now. But, 2013-14 are going for strong money. Easily getting mid 50’s right now for the right options and even more for low miles. It is crazy for sure.
Bad investment? Yeah, probably so. But I guess I shouldn’t worry about that more than actually just enjoying having one of these cars and driving it. While I still can, anyways. At some point I shouldn’t worry about what it will be worth. Just enjoy it in the here and now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts