Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is more HP but guess intake and tune, however the question I have is did they change anything on the engine ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't believe so. The rest of the changes are some suspension changes and I think they got a different exhaust, but don't hold me to that last one.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I know there is more HP but guess intake and tune, however the question I have is did they change anything on the engine ?
2010 engine now has a CAI in place of the enclosed airbox. There is a tube near the CAI filter that ties to the grill area to draw in cooler outside air.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The OD gearing (5th & 6th) on the tranny are different, the clutch material is different and it uses 3.55 gears in the back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the cold air intake part is more marketing than real engineering. I find it hard to believe the intake temp in the fender is warmer than the intake temp out front. It has to be more of the tune that makes the HP...

It also appears that the "open" filter has an opening in the engine bay, which will allow some percentage of underhood air to enter.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Actually it is true. Air enters directly from the grill. That's the reason the Cobra emblem was moved to the passenger side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts