Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all picked up our new 2010 gt500 convertible yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a beast. Now its time to make some mod's anyone have a suggestion for a exhaust? can you run straight pipes on it (no Muffler), what about pulleys? let the fun begin. anyones help would be awesome::):):)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
welcome and congrats on your toy. there are plenty to choose from. best thing to do is read through the posts about diff items, decide (ultimately) what you desire in performance, then choose the products. one thing affects another. there are a variety of pulleys and package deals. again take the time to research and read before you dive in.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
My Bassani's are almost straight pipes. The mufflers are kind of a joke...lol. 3" manifolds back with no cats. You will be LOUD and drone from 1700-2000 RPM, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I get more compliments on how the car sounds than I thought possible.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
My Bassani's are almost straight pipes. The mufflers are kind of a joke...lol. 3" manifolds back with no cats. You will be LOUD and drone from 1700-2000 RPM, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I get more compliments on how the car sounds than I thought possible.
Mine too...but with high flo cats and flowmaster 44's. They do burble a bit when getting off the throttle too. But I'm hooked on the sound and it causes attention in the whole neighborhood every time it starts. But the neighbor's all love it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the color combo,congrats on your new ride
hello

its torch red with black top and int, do i need to have cat backs exhaust or can i change just the mufflers , not sure with the new 2010 if you need to change cat back it has a x pipe on it from the factory?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine too...but with high flo cats and flowmaster 44's. They do burble a bit when getting off the throttle too. But I'm hooked on the sound and it causes attention in the whole neighborhood every time it starts. But the neighbor's all love it!

hey thanks for the info, do you think i need to put cats on or just change the mufflers out?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
...They do burble a bit when getting off the throttle too. But I'm hooked on the sound and it causes attention in the whole neighborhood every time it starts. But the neighbor's all love it!
I do enjoy that burble and downshift at most every stop! :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts