Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks like the Masters of Decontenting cheapened the dash. I like the round vent louvers better. Those square vents look like add-on a/c vents.

So far, I'm not liking much about the 2010s.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I read somewhere recently that although the '10 mustangs will use the same basic platform as the current models, that Ford was intentionally trying to reduce the 'perception of largeness' with the upcoming Mustang body revisions. I guess the intended marketing trend is to create the impression of compactness=better fuel economy (?).

Looks like the Masters of Decontenting cheapened the dash. I like the round vent louvers better...
I agree on the vents. My fav part of the current interior are the unapologetically retro/ huge vents, speedo, tach gauges....almost caricature but perfect proportions and they look the business.

But I like the triple hood vents on the '10 shelby in the photo. Too bad the other (non-Shelby) '10 Mustang models' grille look to be borrowing the GT500's "scowl" upper and lower grille shapes.

The fender flares look to be trimmed down some, or may just be the camo?
I like the '05+ model badas$ fender flanks myself.
I'm sure this new model will get all the cool Sync, bluetooth, homelink etc gizmos that ours' lack, that would be nice to have .

·
Registered
235 Posts
At least the Shelby has larger grille openings, both upper and lower. I wonder why they moved the snake to the opposite side of the grille?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I read somewhere recently that although the '10 mustangs will use the same basic platform as the current models, that Ford was intentionally trying to reduce the 'perception of largeness' with the upcoming Mustang body revisions. I guess the intended marketing trend is to create the impression of compactness=better fuel economy (?).

I agree on the vents. My fav part of the current interior are the unapologetically retro/ huge vents, speedo, tach gauges....almost caricature but perfect proportions and they look the business.

But I like the triple hood vents on the '10 shelby in the photo. Too bad the other (non-Shelby) '10 Mustang models' grille look to be borrowing the GT500's "scowl" upper and lower grille shapes.

The fender flares look to be trimmed down some, or may just be the camo?
I like the '05+ model badas$ fender flanks myself.
I'm sure this new model will get all the cool Sync, bluetooth, homelink etc gizmos that ours' lack, that would be nice to have .
Nobody seems to be commenting on the fender flanks, but that was the first thing I noticed. I love them on the '99-09 cars with the big flanks. They look pretty much gone. What I can't figure out, is did they get rid of them, by stretching the sheetmetal out further? I think that is what they did, because I think the new car will have optional 305's on the rear, and to fit, I almost think the sheetmetal had to widen slightly in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts