Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought and installed Eibach coil overs. Installation went well. Driving for the first time found the ride very stiff. No problem, I'll get used to the stiff ride but also found a lot of road noise. The car looks great lowered in the rear but thinking I should have used their springs only?? Any input would help....GO BLU

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some photos showing 2" lower on the rear with no change on the front. 28" from the ground to top of wheel well front and 28 1/2" on the rear. Lowered only with Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers set of four.......GO BLU

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with the BMR rear lowering springs (1.5) and adjustable panhard bar, not installed yet, waiting for the rest of my mods to show up, these are supposed to be the same spring rate as the stock springs,,,we'll see

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I have a 2010, went to MOD SHOp to have 3:73 gears installed, learned that they had all types of suspension's available for the 2010, but EVERYONE insisited that I only install the STEEDA springs and leave everything else alone. I went ahead and installed the STEEDA PANHARD bar as we where installing the FRPP Axel Girdle and was concerned that after the springs where installed the girdle would not fit. They GUARANTEED that the wheel hop would be eliminated, so far so good. The car is lowered, stiff and looks great.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Oh and it only cost about $600 plus installation

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have a 2010, went to MOD SHOp to have 3:73 gears installed, learned that they had all types of suspension's available for the 2010, but EVERYONE insisited that I only install the STEEDA springs and leave everything else alone. I went ahead and installed the STEEDA PANHARD bar as we where installing the FRPP Axel Girdle and was concerned that after the springs where installed the girdle would not fit. They GUARANTEED that the wheel hop would be eliminated, so far so good. The car is lowered, stiff and looks great.
My 2007 is lowered with the Ford Racing springs, and BMR panhard bar - no problems with the axle girdle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Coilovers gave you superior handling but the road noise there is nothing you can really do about. NVH is the best when stock :/

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Some photos showing 2" lower on the rear with no change on the front. 28" from the ground to top of wheel well front and 28 1/2" on the rear. Lowered only with Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers set of four.......GO BLU
Does anybody know if my 2008 fenders are the same as the 2010 in terms of distance from the ground in stock form? I'm at 27" in the front and 27 1/4" on the rear with my Eibach kit.
Mention is made later in this thread regarding concern of the rear axle girdle clearing the panhard bar with lowered suspension. Does lowering the body via rear springs affect that dimension (clearance from the girdle to the panhard bar)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts