Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hears the deal..... I have a 2010 GT500. I am planning on putting the Whipple twin screw supercharger on it. I have been told this will give around 800 Hp. I am also putting a upgraded Exhaust and headers on it. Has anybody done anything like this? Any problems? Should I be looking at anything else. Any help or recommended ideas? Thanks for the Help

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think you might be a pioneer in this. I would contact Shelby in vegas cause they do a similiar thing w/ the super snake but w/ a kenne bell. Also contact evolution perfomance im sure they will be more than helpful. They know their stuff.
Actually, I just read somewhere that Shelby was going to use the Whipple on the 2010 Super Snake, not sure if exclusively or not. Pretty exciting!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shelby is just waiting for C.A.R.B. certification on the 3.4 Whipple,,,750hp
I ordered the TVS 2300 blower from FRPP 650hp with warranty, FRPP also is offering the Whipple 2.9 as a kit with no warranty on your 2010,,,750hp :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Whipple is a good choice as is the Kenne Bell. I would suggest that you read some of the technical articles on the Kenne Bell website as it relates to the additional add-on's like headers, etc. What they discovered is that once a twin-screw supercharger is added there is negligible to no increases in hp or torque when things like headers and different x-pipes are added. Interesting read indeed.

I'm going with the FRPP 750 hp upgrade which is the 2.9 Whipple. It will not require a new hood or different engine mounts.

Good luck.

Keith

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
The Whipple is a good choice as is the Kenne Bell. I would suggest that you read some of the technical articles on the Kenne Bell website as it relates to the additional add-on's like headers, etc. What they discovered is that once a twin-screw supercharger is added there is negligible to no increases in hp or torque when things like headers and different x-pipes are added. Interesting read indeed.

I'm going with the FRPP 750 hp upgrade which is the 2.9 Whipple. It will not require a new hood or different engine mounts.

Good luck.

Keith

I have one of these inbound, very anxious to get it and install........

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
From reading on this subject on another forum, if you're stepping up to a Whipple or KB supercharger wouldn't you need to do something about fuel delivery (injectors and fuel pump)?

I think the 2.9 Whipple would be really nice. Hope to have one installed by the end of this year.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
From reading on this subject on another forum, if you're stepping up to a Whipple or KB supercharger wouldn't you need to do something about fuel delivery (injectors and fuel pump)?

I think the 2.9 Whipple would be really nice. Hope to have one installed by the end of this year.
I am going with the 72lb injectors.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I have one of these inbound, very anxious to get it and install........
What made you pick the Whipple over the TVS?

Is the Whipple a twin screw? I'm not so sure I like the idea of a supercharger compressing the air ALL THE TIME like a twin screw does. I'd like to pass at least 3 gas stations before stopping! LOL

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
What made you pick the Whipple over the TVS?

Is the Whipple a twin screw? I'm not so sure I like the idea of a supercharger compressing the air ALL THE TIME like a twin screw does. I'd like to pass at least 3 gas stations before stopping! LOL
Well let me tell you my "Playboy Bunny Marrying Little Friend" :rofl:

Seriously, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with the other products. First I thought long and hard about what is the mission for the car. I really have not totally decided this. For the most part for me this is just going to be one hot ride. I will not be drag racing nor will I put it on the track.

I looked at the TVS 2.3 (Still a favorite) KB 2.8, Whipple 3.4 and of course the Whipple 2.9.

TVS 2.3 - Nice but for what I want just too small. I also really like the aggressive look of it. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT but not meet my mission for my car.

KB 2.8 - Need to notch the hood. Plus I have seen more failures on line with this one then any others. But I guarantee the moment that this post someone somewhere will prove me wrong. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT but not meet my mission for my car.

Whipple 3.4 - Need to drop the engine about half a inch or so. IMO not really a do it in your garage scenario. Plus a TON of HP with this one. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT but not meet my mission for my car.

Whipple 2.9 - As Goldy Lox said this one is just right! Do not need to lower the engine or notch the hood. Lots of power potential on pump gas and then if I want more I can make additional mods.

Again to be real here, this is what is right for me. There is nothing that I can find wrong with any of these products.

Dude, your local. We need to get together and have a beer and I will share with you more of my dumb philosophies.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Dude, your local. We need to get together and have a beer and I will share with you more of my dumb philosophies.
It's a date! :hippy:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was seriously looking at a 2.9 (even got a price from SAI) but I backed off and ordered a TVS. Either one is a good choice, depending on what your mission is.

You guys doing the 2.9 remember you will probably need a one piece driveshaft. That SC has made pretzels into stockers.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I was seriously looking at a 2.9 (even got a price from SAI) but I backed off and ordered a TVS. Either one is a good choice, depending on what your mission is.

You guys doing the 2.9 remember you will probably need a one piece driveshaft. That SC has made pretzels into stockers.
I was REAL close to going with the TVS. Nice choice. For me I just wanted a little more. Will be running the stock pulley on the 2.9 so I will have plenty of room for growth and tons in reserve.

DS - Yes that will eventually have to be completed, before spring. Currently 40 degrees here or so in central Texas and stock tires. No real fear of hooking up. Should be a great tire smoker in the mean time. I figure while it is cold this is a good project to get knocked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts