Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found a shop in DFW that has a DYNOJET.

www.speedtek.net

Conditions:

Temp - 85.13
Pressure - 29.76
Humidity - 27%

Run 1: Max Power 453.42 Max Torque 428.55

Run 2: Max Power 442.32 Max Torque 422.17

Run 3: Max Power 452.64 Max Torque 419.21

Again completely stock and no MODS.

MODS to come, I now have a baseline.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well I finally found a shop in DFW that has a DYNOJET.

www.speedtek.net

Conditions:

Temp - 85.13
Pressure - 29.76
Humidity - 27%

Run 1: Max Power 453.42 Max Torque 428.55

Run 2: Max Power 442.32 Max Torque 422.17

Run 3: Max Power 452.64 Max Torque 419.21

Again completely stock and no MODS.

MODS to come, I now have a baseline.
Congratulations on the numbers. It was consistent for the 3 runs posted. Since the temperature was 85 degrees, your numbers seem to be good! What are your future mods?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Performance, suspension, interchange coolers and exhaust. I have been doing a TON of research and at current focusing in on the performance. I beleive that I am going with the KB 2.8. Still wating to get answers to some additonal questions.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Aren't those numbers a tad low? Might just be me though.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda what I was thinking too, but I am no expert on this. The graph does show the A/F to be rather rich at 13 and 135 MPH (as per DYNO results).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kinda what I was thinking too, but I am no expert on this. The graph does show the A/F to be rather rich at 13 and 135 MPH (as per DYNO results).
My 2010 on dyno was 498 hp and I have seen others over 500. Mine was still was making power at 6200 rpms. Some raise the rev limiter to get extra power. It seems different dyno machines vary in there readings but I believe it is important to stick with the same shop with dyno as you install mods than you can see the improvement. 450 or even 500 hp are only numbers what makes the difference is when you feel the power and you are pulling away from competitors.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would have expected higher numbers as well, that's 07-09 range I would think.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The numbers I have provided are on a heat soaked car with no modifications and 800 miles on the motor. When I refer to heat soaked, I drove about 30 minutes to get there and we where on the DYNO within 15 minutes or so of arrival. Excuse my ignorance, SAE?

Also this was on a DYNO jet if that makes a difference. The shop owner did nake a comment about how rich it was.

Personally, I was hoping for a little more, but I have read where the 10's are pulliing 440-460 RWHP stock. If you are getting 490-500 WOW I am not sure how unless this particular DYNO needs to be calibrated. Thoughts?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Take a look on you tube for 2010 shelby on dyno. There are more than a couple posting over 500 hp. When I was told 498 hp, I second guessed them but they assured me it was accurate.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes sir you are correct, everything from 477 to 511. Not sure why my numbers are so low.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shell 93 Octane

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
The numbers I have provided are on a heat soaked car with no modifications and 800 miles on the motor. When I refer to heat soaked, I drove about 30 minutes to get there and we where on the DYNO within 15 minutes or so of arrival. Excuse my ignorance, SAE?

Also this was on a DYNO jet if that makes a difference. The shop owner did nake a comment about how rich it was.

Personally, I was hoping for a little more, but I have read where the 10's are pulliing 440-460 RWHP stock. If you are getting 490-500 WOW I am not sure how unless this particular DYNO needs to be calibrated. Thoughts?

MMFF magazine showed 502 SAE on a Dynojet, but you can bet your butt they had it stone cold....a "standard" day....and ice/fans between pulls.

Dropping 40 or so rwhp isn't unusual on these cars with heat.

When I first had my '07 dyno'd I pulled 465 on a cold car, 80 degree day, Dynojet, SAE. Subsequent pulls went as low as 425!.

bj

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is very hard to compare numbers on the Internet. Your numbers seem solid to me. You can go to two dynojets in the same town on the same day and get varying results.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am also hearing about some issues with the shop that DYNOED the car. Old, not calibrated etc.

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am in Dallas, you may look into Quantum Performance in Farmers Branch. They will probably be doing work on mine in the future but I have had no personal experience with them so far. I went by and talked to them and liked what I see so far.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have started to work with REED SPEED, when I called QP they only wanted to discuss Super Snake option.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts