Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A recent Car & Driver magazine had a good shot of what they consider the new 2010 Mustang on the cover.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The GT500 photos looks like the rear fascia, the dash, and maybe the wheels are different. Also a 5.0L engine??

TD

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Did you notice the color keyed mirrors ? The snake logo on the center horn button. I wonder if it will have the same suspension and tires as the current KR .
Looks like the front spoiler is missing too. Radio antenna is on the rear fender too. Rear spoiler looks to be lower prehaps.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Definitely something different going on with the hood.

I feel weird commenting on the 2010 GT500 knowing some individual here is sitting back & laughing because he's seen it up close and personal.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Definitely something different going on with the hood.

I feel weird commenting on the 2010 GT500 knowing some individual here is sitting back & laughing because he's seen it up close and personal.

Let me at him Prez,I'll squeeze it outa him/her.I thought this was a limited edition run.I thought it was only for 2 years.They lied to us.:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
The GT500 photos looks like the rear fascia, the dash, and maybe the wheels are different. Also a 5.0L engine??

TD
Hopefully a 6.0 liter engine!!!!:icon7:

Should be interesting! Any ideas on pricing? I'll start saving now!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
547 Posts
Going along with my quote from another thread "There's no substitute for cubic inches," I'd like to see a 7.0 liter like the original 500's! :) But alas I have never heard of Ford development working on a gas engine that large in recent years. :(

It would be nice though considering that naturally aspirated, a 7.0 liter could already be making 500+hp easily.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Going along with my quote from another thread "There's no substitute for cubic inches," I'd like to see a 7.0 liter like the original 500's! :) But alas I have never heard of Ford development working on a gas engine that large in recent years. :(

It would be nice though considering that naturally aspirated, a 7.0 liter could already be making 500+hp easily.
I think there are two substitutes...less weight and higher level technology (re: more expensive). Porsche 911s are very fast. :ninja:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'd say GT350 Tires are narrower then our 500s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts