Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Magazine Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords did a drag test on the 2010 GT 500. The results were impressive. On street tires, car ran 11.95 at 120.29 MPH. The sixty foot was 1.9113. On drag radials, the car ran 11.592 at 118.45. The sixty foot was 1.778. I wish I could duplicate some of these times in my car -most of the other's driving these cars wish they could too I guess. Anyway this car is for real-camaro and challenger look out-oops forget about c5 vette-hehehe!!!! :grinbiginvert:

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Magazine Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords did a drag test on the 2010 GT 500. The results were impressive. On street tires, car ran 11.95 at 120.29 MPH. The sixty foot was 1.9113. On drag radials, the car ran 11.592 at 118.45. The sixty foot was 1.778. I wish I could duplicate some of these times in my car -most of the other's driving these cars wish they could too I guess. Anyway this car is for real-camaro and challenger look out-oops forget about c5 vette-hehehe!!!! :grinbiginvert:

Evan J Smith has got some skills. This car is about 40rwhp shy of mine and I run 1.65-1.70 60's on ET Streets but I also have a 4.10, aftermarket upper and lower control arms,etc. He's doing this on a stock suspension, a 3.55 and ET Streets.

I can't do better than a 1.65 to save my butt 'cause I can only do 40mph in
1st gear!! 60' requires a shift on mine! (Evan's 2010 does note require it, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.)

In any case, if this thing is really doing 120mph, it's got serious horsepower from the factory (they dyno'd it at 504).

I still think the hood is butt ugly and the rear quarters were an afterthought, but I have interior envy!

bj

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the driver of the car was launching the car from 3800 to 4400 rpm's. Most novice or every now and then track drivers most likely don't rev. their car's to these limits. I am sure the driver of the car is shifting at or near the redline of 6250. Shifts easy from 1 to 2 generally, and then speed shifts 2 to 3 and 3 to four. Of course I am sure the track was most likely well prep to get the 1.9x sixty foot. Sounds easy but in reality it is not. I don't speed shift my car and will most likely never will.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I assume they raced at Englishtown or ATCO as well. Given that + Evan Smith driving = .5ET and 3-4mph faster than 99.9% of good drag racers out there. Evan is just _that_ good, as BJ said. He's been setting records in street cars since the early '90s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts