Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the link, the blue should look sweet against the black grill & trim.

The hood is awefull other than that not much enough of a diff.
Always interesting opinions both directions, cuz personally I like the hood in the 2010 spy photos. I think my stock 07 hood is too sedate & the heat extractor vents look cheap...of course this is why the aftermarket exists....(unfortunately) the hood's not bad enough for me to shell out $1K+ to change it.

Overall car looks more 'melted'...so far I am convinced that the fenders on our 07-09 models look better with the defined flares.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really didn't like the styling of the 2010 when I first saw it, but it is growing on me, however I think I will always like the 07-09 GT500's better.

Maybe the lighting is poor and I am not seeing the car right in the picture, but why would they make a grabber blue Mustang with bright red stripes? That is horrible.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I still don't see how this is any improvement in styling...I don't even like the interior with the rectangular vents.:zlurking:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I still don't see how this is any improvement in styling...I don't even like the interior with the rectangular vents.:zlurking:
I agree. The throw-back round vents are cool. Those square vents look exactly like the vents in my Focus. They look cheap and they don't direct the air worth a damn.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Howdy boys.I would like to say a few things about this subject.1st and foremost I love my 2007 and wouldn't trade it in for a 2010.I have to much money,heart and soul into my Shelby.If I was in the market for a Shelby I would buy the 2010 over the 2007-2009.I really like the changes that have been made,interior and exterior.I can't say too much about this subject but there has been a lot of improvements in the new body style.The front end of this car is very very cool.I have seen it without all the vinyl camo and have driven it.It is very sweet.The engineers have done a great job.The vents are not what they seem but I like.There has been interior improvements that people complained in the S197,again I like.More HP?I am not at liberty to discuss to much but the info will be out very soon.Believe it or not I am a more traditional color person but the Grabber Blue with Red stripes is very appealing.Carroll Shelby was here a couple of weeks ago and was very happy with the new body style and colors.Now,these are just my opinions.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with 6 more years of Shelby's coming there will be plenty of changes. the bigger question is will they sell ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts