Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody successfully dont a front end conversion? Looking at everything in depth, it really looks like you could do it swapping bumper, hood and lights. I tried to search forums for previous discussions and couldnt find anything, apologies in advance if im asking a question previously discussed.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,587 Posts
Has anybody successfully dont a front end conversion? Looking at everything in depth, it really looks like you could do it swapping bumper, hood and lights. I tried to search forums for previous discussions and couldnt find anything, apologies in advance if im asking a question previously discussed.
I haven’t seen it done. I suspect it would be quite involved. Just think about the headlight mounting differences alone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, but handmaking brackets woulsnt be the hardest thing to accomplish. If that was the only headache i feel like its doable. If you look at it from bumper to bumper, really not any huge differences aside from the nose, and contour of hood only changes to accomodate nose and lights. I was really hoping somebody had attempted it. I may try it to see how many issues arise. Its a pretty minute difference between overall body changes between 09 and 10 that i can identify body-wise. Anybody on here have a 10 in oregon?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Fenders have to be changed. It’s been done. There’s a thread on S197 about it. Black and gold GT500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts