Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my certificate from Ford. My triple black convertible (with stripe delete/electronics package) is #42 of a total of 906, 2010 convertibles built. I have #8 of 261 manufactured in black. Wish I knew how many were stripe delete. When I purchased the car in 2009, the dealer said it was the only black convertible stripe delete allocated for California.

By the way, they also sent an explanation of the VIN for both 2010 and 2011 models. In case the attachment doesn't work, here's the breakdown:

1ZV = Auto Alliance International, USA Passenger Car
B = Manual Belts with Driver and Passenger Frontal Air Bags and Side Inflatable Restraint
P8J = Shelby GT500 Coupe Body Code (P8K - Conv)
S = 5.4L SC DOHC V-8
0=Check Digit
A=2010 Model Year (B=2011 Model Year)
5=Auto Alliance International Assembly Plant
000000 = Sequence Numbers

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
When I purchased the car in 2009, the dealer said it was the only black convertible stripe delete allocated for California.
Typical dealer BS. There was no way he could know that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any 2010 triple blacks with stripe delete on this site?

at the time, I saw 1 or 2 on eBay in Georgia.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to SVT today. Says 57 triple blacks with stripe delete were made in 2010. Since mine is #8 of 261 mfg. in black, chances are it was the first triple black made, but they cannot confirm.

SVT also said a total of 4,458 2010 were made of which 906 were convertibles. He seemed to think this was a higher number than were made in 2009.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's interesting because at the time when I was looking for the car, all the dealers were saying lower production numbers in 2010 due to the poor economy and their allocations are lower, i.e. "buy now or else"

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's interesting because at the time when I was looking for the car, all the dealers were saying lower production numbers in 2010 due to the poor economy and their allocations are lower, i.e. "buy now or else"
I HATE stealerships!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re-read post #2.

In fact, go to the chalkboard and write it 500 times so you remember it next time!

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hey Joe. Thanks for the advice but I have probably bought more cars than you so save it.
Jeeze, lighten up.

Notice the laughing guys at the bottom of the post? Means I'm joking. if you haven't noticed, we joke around a lot here.

Oh, and if you've bought more cars than me, then I'd hope you stop believing everything dealers tell you to sell a car.

:boohoo:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Jeeze, lighten up.

Notice the laughing guys at the bottom of the post? Means I'm joking. if you haven't noticed, we joke around a lot here.

Oh, and if you've bought more cars than me, then I'd hope you stop believing everything dealers tell you to sell a car.

:boohoo:
No kidding, we do play around on here a lot, but the vast amount of help and information you can get is beyond usefull. Just saying.... don't burn a bridge BEFORE you cross it....
:rofl:

·
Registered
994 Posts
NOW NOW ,,,remember we're all CHILDREN here.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
LOL, Mrs. Subsailor appreciates the fact that you are willing to quote her! HA!!! She's been telling us that for a couple years now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts