Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet: First Production Ford Mustang Cobra Jet FR500CJ Rolls Out

Here's the first shots of the Ford Mustang Cobra Jet FR500CJ starting production and aside from getting a factory-built honest-to-goodness drag racer, you get one of the coolest VIN number schemes ever.

Okay, yes, the Cobra Jet gets an upgraded 5.4-liter V8 with a cold air intake, A/C delete, 9-inch rear end, a six speed manual or three speed auto with custom shifter, a roll hoop, gauges, a specialized suspension and huge drag slicks, but it also gets a VIN starting with the car's name. This first car off the line is VIN number FR500CJ001. Since it's not a road legal car to begin with, it doesn't have to maintain the traditional VIN coding, so it can be whatever it wants to be. These shots apparently come from a largely unpublicized Job 1 celebration which took place December 18th as the first Cobra Jet came off the end of the line.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: 2009Ford Mustang Cobra Jet: First Production Ford Mustang Cobra Jet FR500CJ Rolls Out

That's very cool. I had no idea they were building that car. I'm impressed that Ford would do something like this.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: 2009Ford Mustang Cobra Jet: First Production Ford Mustang Cobra Jet FR500CJ Rolls Out

Ford announced it last summer that this car was coming out. I'm a little surprised myself that Ford did something like this. Though it didn't sound like it on the video, I believe the entire run was sold almost instantly. I'm shocked they didn't decide to just make more given the demand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts