Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been keeping my eye on this 09 shelby gt500 loaded with nav at this dealer in connecticut. price $48,5 hundred something and some change. so tell me if this is funny they had the car for 9 months and have been firm on price which seems crazy so i walked in on friday and they just added 5 grand to the price to 53K. i just started laughing im telling you dealers in ct are smoking some funny stuff. what do you guys think am i wrong at laughing at this. i just dont get it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well they probably figure with the nice weather here again, they can soak someone for the extra dough. I saved BIG bucks on my '09 buying in the middle of winter from dealer stock.

·
Registered
208 Posts
sounds like monaco ford in glastonbury. They think the factory dips them in gold before they ship

LLoyd

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is an 09 here in Raynham Mass. They have also had it for awhile. I went in and asked what they wanted... 5k over sticker. I'm with you, we should all be laughing.

·
Registered
869 Posts
so ive been keeping my eye on this 09 shelby gt500 loaded with nav at this dealer in connecticut. price $48,5 hundred something and some change. so tell me if this is funny they had the car for 9 months and have been firm on price which seems crazy so i walked in on friday and they just added 5 grand to the price to 53K. i just started laughing im telling you dealers in ct are smoking some funny stuff. what do you guys think am i wrong at laughing at this. i just dont get it.
If the car is the color you want and you must have patience,,,,go in there and leave the dealer 2 items. An offer of 45K and your tel number and tell him DO NOT CALL until he is ready to sell it at that price and walk out and do not go back. He will call you. While you are waiting go look at craigslist.com. Dallas and Houston have a lot of shelbys for sale.:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got mine for MSRP and that is reasonable...I don't live in CT though. We do have a KR at a local dealer, and he's been asking 103K for it.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
No one...and I mean NO ONE should pay over MSRP for ANY GT500 or variant. There are a gazillion of them around. One guy on here did a quick search and found 3-4 he wanted with BIG discounts off MSRP. Even KRs are MSRP or less. Look at eBay.

bj

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Bill Kay Ford has three 08's and some 09's... I put in an internet quote (39k) for one of the 08's and it was accepted no hassle.. Listen to VNMOUS1 he stopped me from making a 6k mistake..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just picked up my 09 (Vapor Silver) last week (May 5th) from a dealer in North Carolina. 5K less than MSRP, and actually below invoice price. Found it on e-bay and there are more good deals out there to be had. I think I read somewhere that there may be some incentives to dealers in certain localities to move these vehicles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
To all -
If you ask the dealer what they want, they will tell you what they want. BJ is exactly right. You tell them what you want to pay. These are not rare cars. Dealers will almost always 'high-ball' you to see if you've done your homework. In my experience, I always know more than the dealer when I go in to buy. If you're prepared to walk, you're in charge. You will find a car - probably even that same one if they are sure your offer is serious - somewhere. They are out there. Any car on the lot but the '10s has been costing them money for a while just sitting on the lot because the dealer is paying money to Ford for them. Believe that you are in the driver's seat 'cause it's true no matter how the salesman acts. He's trying to increase his commission, remember.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bill Kay Ford has three 08's and some 09's... I put in an internet quote (39k) for one of the 08's and it was accepted no hassle.. Listen to VNMOUS1 he stopped me from making a 6k mistake..
Good move. I did the same thing in January. I was working on a $1,000.00 over invoice deal on a 09 GT500 @ Pat Milliken ford in Redford, Mi. I was ready to buy when he mentioned they still had 1 08 GT500 on the showroom floor. IT was exactly the car I was looking for. Black w/ stripes delete. MSRP was $46500.00 I offered 38k & ended up paying 39k plus sales tax. That was about 4500 under invoice.
There are some great deals out there. I know a dealer who has an 09 w/ 2000 miles on it. Vapor w/ stripe delete. He is asking 38500 wholesale to another dealer. Not bad.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Found mine one-bay in Feb. for $5000.00 below msrp, w/nav. 4500.00 below invoice, now that's a deal.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Listen to these guys mach169. have patience and stick by your guns. also do not let a salesman jerk you around with the gas guzzler tax either. tell him your offer includes that tax. these sales men are hurting and you will get your shelby at your price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the great advise. ill be ready to drop the hammer really soon ill keep everyone posted on my results. hopefully ill get a gt500 in my garage at the price i want to pay. thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If anyone is in the San Diego area, look up Drew Ford in La Mesa. They worked a sweet deal with me, I didn't pay MSPR and was closer to Invoice. They also have a KR they reduced to 75K.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought our '09, 3 months ago in VA and paid 4K under $48,200MSRP price! Tell them to call you back when they meet your price! In this economy, it only took a few days for the call back at our price.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I paid under MSRP for my 2010... The 08 and 09 cars should be had for a deep discount. There are a slew of cars out there, just be patient and search them out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
thanks for all the great advise. ill be ready to drop the hammer really soon ill keep everyone posted on my results. hopefully ill get a gt500 in my garage at the price i want to pay. thanks again.
The other thing to keep in mind is there is a huge delivery allowance on these right now (or at least there is in Canada...assuming there is in the US as well)...here it is $6500 so you know you have that range off MSRP before you even start really negotiating.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
We do have a KR at a local dealer, and he's been asking 103K for it.
I probably don't understand all I know about the KRs but as I understand it, they only have 540 hp. A local dealer here has one with a $92k price tag.

Somewhere I saw that Shelby will convert a GT500 into a Super Snake for around $22k and they have up to 700+ hp.

So for about $20 - 30k less you can have a faster car?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts