Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself in the market for a GT500, and have found numerous 2009's in 'Brilliant Silver' with Stripe delete and Spoiler delete, 3.73 rear end, and screaming good buys. I was not aware Silver or 3.73 were options in '09. Were these KR bound? Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am not aware of such a car, but then again I am no expert. Hopefully someone can answer your question as I am very curious also.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I find myself in the market for a GT500, and have found numerous 2009's in 'Brilliant Silver' with Stripe delete and Spoiler delete, 3.73 rear end, and screaming good buys. I was not aware Silver or 3.73 were options in '09. Were these KR bound? Thanks

Do some more research...The Shelby GT500 comes in Vapor not Brilliant Silver. There is no option for spoiler delete or the 3.73 gears on the GT500.

'Google' the GT500 order guides and those will tell you what you need to know about these cars.

Arbour88

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds like you've "found numerous" fakes...caveat emptor ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
You might want to write down the VIN numbers on these cars and post them for all to look at. The 10th character in the VIN is the year model. Carmax reports are good too but they cost money. What part of North america are you located ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to write down the VIN numbers on these cars and post them for all to look at. The 10th character in the VIN is the year model. Carmax reports are good too but they cost money. What part of North america are you located ?
Thanks for the feedback. I called on one and it was a KR, just mis-described on Auto-trader. I will keep looking for a Cyber-Silver and swap the gear out later. BTW, I am in Austin, Tx. Thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I am in Lone Oak, Texas. I found my gt500 with nav new on craigslist in the dallas location at liberty ford in cleburne texas below msrp. look at houston craigslist,,,they have a kr in the 80's i think

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in Lone Oak, Texas. I found my gt500 with nav new on craigslist in the dallas location at liberty ford in cleburne texas below msrp. look at houston craigslist,,,they have a kr in the 80's i think
Since this will be my daily driver, the KR may be a bit out of my price range :boohoo:, but thanks for the above info. It seems to be a good time to shop for '09s, with colors still avail and the price coming down. See ya.

·
Registered
994 Posts
+1 I agree with Seahorse, there is a dealer in Yulee FL, has a red '06!?!?! striped, spoilered and snaked as a GT-500, but still has the GT grill, and NO SHAME about putting '06 on the windshield and parking it out front! too many fakes, be careful!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts