Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm looking at a 2009 GT500 on a dealer lot. New car ~ 150 miles on it.

It's loaded out with nav, HID lights, etc... Pretty much everything available on this model. It's been sitting on the lot most of the year. Window sticker is 48.6K and the dealer is offering an out the door price of 47.4K. that's 3400 off the sticker price before tax, tag, and title are added.

I drove the car for over an hour this afternoon and I am absolutely in love with it. I've never driven anything remotely like it, and heads were turning all over town. :)

The only downside for me is that I really wanted one in Kona blue while this one is black. There are none in Kona blue in the area though, I've looked at other dealers. The price seems good to me, but I'd like some opinions of people that have already bought one before I commit.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Hey Colleton....I'm in the Northeast...bought a fully loaded 2009 convertible...got 5,600$ off of MSRP.....thought I got a deal...but am sure you can talk them down more..now that 2010's are hitting showrooms

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks for the info. I'm in the Southeast.

I think you got a deal as well. Hopefully I can get them to come down a bit more on price, but I don't know by how much. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello all, I'm looking at a 2009 GT500 on a dealer lot. New car ~ 150 miles on it.
Window sticker is 48.6K and the dealer is offering an out the door price of 47.4K. that's 3400 off the sticker price before tax, tag, and title are added.

That is exactly where I was and bought. You can always fight a little harder and drag out the process, but I thought it was more than fair.

·
Registered
411 Posts

It's loaded out with nav, HID lights, etc... Pretty much everything available on this model. It's been sitting on the lot most of the year. Window sticker is 48.6K and the dealer is offering an out the door price of 47.4K. that's 3400 off the sticker price before tax, tag, and title are added.

I drove the car for over an hour this afternoon and I am absolutely in love with it. I've never driven anything remotely like it, and heads were turning all over town. :)

The only downside for me is that I really wanted one in Kona blue while this one is black. There are none in Kona blue in the area though, I've looked at other dealers. The price seems good to me, but I'd like some opinions of people that have already bought one before I commit.

2 notes, you can do a better deal, especially with Demo miles on the car. Also, please hold out for the color and options that you want. This should be a car that you hold onto for a good long time, so no compromises. If you shop too long and cannot find a 2009 to your liking, you get stuck with a 2010. Good things come to those that wait.

·
Registered
121 Posts
the price seems fair i doubt there going to discount 2010 models i prefer the look of the 07-09 model imo.take your time and get the one you really want .but blk is a bad ass color on the gt500.good luck.

·
Registered
246 Posts
1) I got my new '09 for way less than that...look around.

2) Kona blue was not available on the 07-9 cars; only Vista Blue.

Kona blue is new on the '10 models..which should be rolling in shortly.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info everyone, I appreciate the feedback.

I didn't realize that it was a different shade of blue. I thought the 09 KR parked next to it was Kona blue, but I guess not. That color blue would be nice, but I'm not aiming that high. :)

Thinking about it, and building a 2010 model on the Ford website, I can't come anywhere near this price. Esp. when you consider that it's out the door. I think I can live with the price, and the loaded out options are a worthy trade vice the body color.

Gonna sleep on it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I just bought mine a month ago for $42,500, basically invoice.

Good luck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with Sleestack...if you're not 100% in love with the car I would wait until you find what you do like. I have an Ebony Black GT500 with white stripes, and let me tell you I LOVE it. For me when I was looking, this coincidentally was the ONLY black/white gt500 within a 500mile car search of me in new jersey, AND coincidentally was the one I got the best deal on out of all the other black/silver, etc gt500's i was looking at.

This is a car to keep (for most people), I wouldn't really recommend "settling" on a color, unless you just WANT one, and know you wont keep it and trade it in for a new one in a year or two. ya know?

I say get the one you want. And color is a big deal. If you're not in LOVE with black, I'd recommend talking the dealerdown a LOT (the best you can), and if they offer you a killer deal, then maybe black won't be so bad. But I think there are better deals out there and the car isn't even in the color you DO love. So....

its up to you...

I picked up my 07 GT500 with 1,302 miles on it for $35,275 out the door last month. I had to drive 541miles to go pick it up though across 3 states! Good deals are out there, its just a matter of how bad you want them and where they are. =)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also I believe on here and on SVTperformance.com there were a few members that were dealerships/salesmen and were offering members 2010 GT500's for $45-48,000 + tax/title/tag depending on what options they wanted. Most were around $46,000+t/t/t.

So I think $47,000+ out the door for your 2009 you're looking at really isn't a deal at all since you can get the new ones pretty darn soon for almost (if not exactly) the price!

Personally, I didn't have the money for an 08 or 09, which is why I optted for the 07...but IF I had the money, I still wouldn't pay over $42,000 for an '09. I think $44,000 OUT THE DOOR, would be the max price I would be willing to pay. $45,000 or higher (especially + tax/title/tag) is just too much for an 09 with a 2010 around the corner.

Offer them $44,000 out the door and leave them your number. If the car has been sitting there that long, they'd be stupid to not sell it. Especially with the new ones probably coming in their lot very soon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
1) I got my new '09 for way less than that...look around.
2) Kona blue was not available on the 07-9 cars; only Vista Blue.
Kona blue is new on the '10 models..which should be rolling in shortly.
Vista was my second favorite color, sweet....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I did it. It's mine, and I'm thrilled with it.

Ended up getting it under invoice (assuming the invoice they gave me was legit, which I expect it was) and got a great trade in on my 2002 Lariat. The out the door price difference between the offer they made me on the 2009 and full MSRP on the 2010 was just too much to make ordering the 2010 worthwhile for me.

Spent the morning cleaning it out and washing it, letting it cool in the shade before waxing it this afternoon. She is beautiful.

Thanks for the advice and opinions everyone, I appreciate it. I'm very pleased to be the owner of a GT500. Sweet. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy. You will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know there was a post a month or so ago with a saleman that could get deals on the GT500's does anybody remember his name?? I got an 07 I'd like to trade in for a 2010.

·
Registered
18 Posts

You should be able to buy it at invoice or below. I think they still have a $3K incentive to dealers plus they make 3% above invoice anyway.
Good Luck
PS Still think you should look at 10 even if you get one with standard equipment like I did.
Cobra2010

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I know there was a post a month or so ago with a saleman that could get deals on the GT500's does anybody remember his name?? I got an 07 I'd like to trade in for a 2010.
Hey Andy....I believe that is 1badsho. Send him a p.m.

Cal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts