Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my car two days ago (shipped via carrier to my home) and have just 100 miles on it. The right front when going over small road cracks at low speed sounds like a bad ball joint in my truck. Has anyone had a problem? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just received my car two days ago (shipped via carrier to my home) and have just 100 miles on it. The right front when going over small road cracks at low speed sounds like a bad ball joint in my truck. Has anyone had a problem? Thanks in advance!
Mine has the exact problem you have and currently unresolved and wearing me out....

If anybody can figure out what the problem is, I would be very greatful for the solution.

My struts and strut mounts have been replaced, and I think in changed the noise, but didn't eliminate it.

I either got more bad parts, or it is something else.

I am getting tired of taking it back to the dealership, however....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anybody find a way to fix this front end noise yet? My car has been in 5-6 total times now, and still unresolved.

I hope somebody who has this problem finally has somebody figure it out, since I am striking out so far...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I just signed up so this is my first post and hoping to be able to help even thoe I do not own a real GT500 I do have a 2007 GT and have had this noise that made me look at every tree as a possible target...JK...it is your swaybar it has a small amount of play so my solution to it was adjustable swaybar links and have a link on one side pull and the other push so it can tighten the swaybar as much as it could (it did it for me)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys I just signed up so this is my first post and hoping to be able to help even thoe I do not own a real GT500 I do have a 2007 GT and have had this noise that made me look at every tree as a possible target...JK...it is your swaybar it has a small amount of play so my solution to it was adjustable swaybar links and have a link on one side pull and the other push so it can tighten the swaybar as much as it could (it did it for me)
I wish mine was the swaybar, but they removed mine and drove it without the swaybar, and it still did it. I think it is strut mounts, but who knows. I am going to do my best to ignore it....

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I also have the noise!

But on my lowered car it seems to come from the area surrounding the passenger floorboard. I suspect the rear A-arm bushing as it did not make the noise at the stock ride height.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
Interesting thought... I wonder if the X5 balljoints and bumpsteer kit from Steeda would help on the lowered cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts