Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I just joined this forum, its outstanding and seems quite helpfull. I'm from Florida, and I just bought a 2009 Shelby GT500. I installed a CAI from Steeda, SCT Tune, and 2.6 Metco Pulley,Corsa Ultimate Touring Mufflers PN#14313.

Performace wise I'm great. But what I need some help on is lighting. I want HIID kits for my headlights, and foglights. I've heard that its not possible for fogs, can someone tell me if they have them or anyway I can get them done or Idk something along those lines. And Louvers, are they hard to install? Which ones would look good with a Black Gt500 with light grey stripes.

I appreciate the help.
Thanks again:)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Welcome to the Gang, do a search on here for HID Foglights, yes, there is a kit available, rlhay2 did quite a post on them, with every bit of info you'd need. A set of those is in my future, as I already have the headlights. As far as louvers, go with what you like the look of, there are a few pics on here with some REALLY nice ones. Where in FL are you? I am in SE GA.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello everybody, I just joined this forum, its outstanding and seems quite helpfull. I'm from Florida, and I just bought a 2009 Shelby GT500. I installed a CAI from Steeda, SCT Tune, and 2.6 Metco Pulley,Corsa Ultimate Touring Mufflers PN#14313.

Performace wise I'm great. But what I need some help on is lighting. I want HIID kits for my headlights, and foglights. I've heard that its not possible for fogs, can someone tell me if they have them or anyway I can get them done or Idk something along those lines. And Louvers, are they hard to install? Which ones would look good with a Black Gt500 with light grey stripes.

I appreciate the help.
Thanks again:)
Welcome, good job knocking out those mods quickly. I can't help on the HIDs, but do post some pics of your car. It is the reverse mirror image of mine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i had hids installed on the foglamps if you get hids on your headlamps you will loose your highbeams,i got my hid foglamp kit from a local stereo shop it was inexpensive easy install and they look great,congrtas on your new ride enjoy in good health

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sleestack,

I parked tail to tail with a black and grey at a car show the other day, i will see if i have pics of that when i get home. if i do i will send you some or post them. the inverse vapor/black and black/vapor looked pretty darn cool together!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome to the Gang, do a search on here for HID Foglights, yes, there is a kit available, rlhay2 did quite a post on them, with every bit of info you'd need. A set of those is in my future, as I already have the headlights. As far as louvers, go with what you like the look of, there are a few pics on here with some REALLY nice ones. Where in FL are you? I am in SE GA.
I purchased the same HID fog light and have not had a chance to put them in yet. But rlhay2 did all the leg work and has a great thread about it. Your car did not come with the HID headlights from the factory? I thought most of the 09's had them.

Stew

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I purchased the same HID fog light and have not had a chance to put them in yet. But rlhay2 did all the leg work and has a great thread about it. Your car did not come with the HID headlights from the factory? I thought most of the 09's had them.

Stew
Stew,
HID headlights may be included in some option packages, but mine were listed as a separate $525 option on the sticker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It did but I want 6000k headlights along with foglights. No luck. I want a plug in play kit though. I cant find anything!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Gongrats on your new ride! I allready have hids and installed some blue light bulbs in my fogs. found them on e-bay. Sounds like you got some power, Now work on getting some traction!

·
Registered
159 Posts
It did but I want 6000k headlights along with foglights. No luck. I want a plug in play kit though. I cant find anything!

Thanks
http://www.turnagainhighlights.com/id31.html

Try this link. This is where I bought my fog lights and I believe they sell headlights as well. Karl is the one who answers the e-mails and he will be able to answer any of your questions. They sell a wide variety of colors for your fog lights.

Stew

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://www.turnagainhighlights.com/id31.html

Try this link. This is where I bought my fog lights and I believe they sell headlights as well. Karl is the one who answers the e-mails and he will be able to answer any of your questions. They sell a wide variety of colors for your fog lights.

Stew
Can you tell me exacty what you baught for the foglights?? I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sleestack,

I parked tail to tail with a black and grey at a car show the other day, i will see if i have pics of that when i get home. if i do i will send you some or post them. the inverse vapor/black and black/vapor looked pretty darn cool together!
Sounds good, post 'em up, I am sure folks don't get tired of seeing pics of these little tanks.... Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts