1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 18, 2008

To: All Ford Dealers
Subject: EFC0200393DC 2009MY Shelby GT500KR

To compliment the one-thousand 2008 40th-Anniversary Edition Shelby GT500KR “King of the Road” Mustangs, Ford and Shelby Automobiles announce that an additional 746 units will be built for the 2009 model year to help meet worldwide demand of the supercar. Of that total, 571 units will be available for U.S. customers thus equaling the 1,571-unit production run of the original Shelby GT500KR. The remainder of the units will be for countries that did not receive 2008 models, including Canada.

Like the 40th-Anniversary limited edition, the 2009 Shelby GT500KR will feature a 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning. Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and unique striping.

The unique 40th Anniversary badging will only be featured on the 2008 special edition.

The Shelby GT500KR or “King of the Road” Mustang is the fourth limited-edition Mustang that Shelby Automobiles and Ford have brought to market since resuming their collaboration in 2001. It builds on the performance and success of the 500-horsepower Shelby GT500 – the most powerful production Mustang ever.

Delivering the “King of the Road”

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR began production on Carroll Shelby’s 85th birthday on January 11 earlier this year. As production ramps up to launch, enthusiasts can expect to see the first GT500KRs arrive in dealers this spring.

Each Shelby GT500KR begins life as a GT500, built at AutoAlliance International Inc., in Flat Rock, Mich. From there, the cars are shipped to the Shelby Automobile facility in Las Vegas, where a Ford Racing Performance Pack, exhaust system and short-throw shifter are installed. The GT500KR also is fitted with unique body, chassis and interior components. Every GT500KR will be hand customized and delivered to each customer in an enclosed transporter, just like the legendary Ford GT.

The strong demand for the new Shelby GT500KR was recently demonstrated at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona where a one-of-a-kind version built with a glass-roof was auctioned off for charity. The GT500KR sold with a winning bid of $550,000, which went toward helping the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

:boohoo:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
No but the lack of sales will because of the high MSRP. IMO
I wonder what the split is between SAI and Ford over the msrp of a regular GT500. I hope Ford is getting a fair share instead of SAI and the Dealerships making all the $$$.

Cal

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder what the split is between SAI and Ford over the msrp of a regular GT500. I hope Ford is getting a fair share instead of SAI and the Dealerships making all the $$$.

Cal
you can bet FORD is makin more than their fair share of the money
and i will bet shelby is doing ok on them or we would not be getting more
and at msrp the dealers are gettimg less than either Ford or shelby

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
you can bet FORD is makin more than their fair share of the money
and i will bet shelby is doing ok on them or we would not be getting more
and at msrp the dealers are gettimg less than either Ford or shelby

I beg to differ with you.There is nobody :bananahump-slvrathl the customers more than the owners of the dealerships.:info-smilie:

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I beg to differ with you.There is nobody :bananahump-slvrathl the customers more than the owners of the dealerships.:info-smilie:
HOW Much is ford actually makin on a gt 500?? 12-15000:thinkerg:
and the dealer makes at msrp 4500?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
HOW Much is ford actually makin on a gt 500?? 12-15000:thinkerg:
and the dealer makes at msrp 4500?
No one knows for sure what Ford is making...but given my experience in corporate finance I seriously doubt it's $12-15k. My guess would be more like $8-$10k. I also have little idea what the dealer makes at MSRP....so let's assume your number is correct. As a % of their overall value, I think that still makes the dealer's portion disproportionately large. And you are assuming dealers are selling at MSRP....whereas I believe Fred's comment was more around those dealers that are selling well over MSRP.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
No one knows for sure what Ford is making...but given my experience in corporate finance I seriously doubt it's $12-15k. My guess would be more like $8-$10k. I also have little idea what the dealer makes at MSRP....so let's assume your number is correct. As a % of their overall value, I think that still makes the dealer's portion disproportionately large. And you are assuming dealers are selling at MSRP....whereas I believe Fred's comment was more around those dealers that are selling well over MSRP.

Dave

Yes,I was refering to the high ADM's.I know Shelby is NOT making that much from the GT 500.frydguy79 how many did you sell at MSRP?:bandit:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Here is 1 of your posts,"i sold mine to myself, and sent some one else after it , but being in the biz i guess is different?"

Ok why is this different?Will you honestly till us how much of an ADM you charged yourself and how much of an ADM you charged your other customers?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is 1 of your posts,"i sold mine to myself, and sent some one else after it , but being in the biz i guess is different?"

Ok why is this different?Will you honestly till us how much of an ADM you charged yourself and how much of an ADM you charged your other customers?
i paid 1000 over

·
Registered
164 Posts
To those of you wondering what a dealer makes on the GT500 here is a sheet from the guys I bought my car from. The Sales manager gave this to me

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
To those of you wondering what a dealer makes on the GT500 here is a sheet from the guys I bought my car from. The Sales manager gave this to me
Interesting. Only a 13% margin. I would have expected it to be more profitable for the dealer. I'd be charging an ADM too if I was only making 13 points.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would highly doubt that Ford would make even close to that much for themselves on this car.

Arbour88

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I would highly doubt that Ford would make even close to that much for themselves on this car.

Arbour88
And you can't just look at the direct costs. Sure there is expense in materials and assembly, but there was also a load of research put into the car. That's the expensive part. Those design engineers make some serious kwon. And when you are only making a limited quantity, those design expenses don't get spread out much across the units.

·
Registered
485 Posts
And you can't just look at the direct costs. Sure there is expense in materials and assembly, but there was also a load of research put into the car. That's the expensive part. Those design engineers make some serious kwon. And when you are only making a limited quantity, those design expenses don't get spread out much across the units.
Well said!

Arbour88

1 - 20 of 22 Posts