Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this today on the Ford Dealer website
looks like a great chance to help out the vets and win a great car

PAUL NEARY
Ashley Ford Sales Inc
New Bedford, MA
(508) 996-5611 Ford Dealers - GMs and employees. We are going to raffle of our Shelby KR. With the hope we can raise some needed money for the local Veterans Transition House here in New Bedford Ma. Could use some help from our Ford friends and hope that the winner is someone who can appreciate the car. Tickets are $250 each and we will reffle it if we get enough sold to cover the cost taxes etc. The drawing date is Presidents Day February 16th 2009. Please contact me at 800-395-1342 ext. 6124 if you have any interest. Additional information is available at www.ashleyfordsales.com

·
Registered
165 Posts
we will raffle it if we get enough sold to cover the cost taxes etc.
Sorry, that left a big loophole. They just covered their asses in case they decide not to go through with it, or a big buyer walks in and wants to buy it.

I'm not accusing them of anything like that, I'm sure they are a stand up dealership.

BUT things like that have happened, charity or not.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hey,

maybe I should raffle off my car for charity IF I can generate enough money too! You know, to cover my expenses: pay-off car, put kids through college, nice winter break ski trip, just the necessities!

·
Registered
208 Posts
easy guys its a raffle. If they don't sell enough tickets they return the money. Its a chance on a car most of us will never have the opportunity to drive. I don't blame them for trying to protect their investment. If a charity can benefit thats all the better.

LLoyd

·
Registered
97 Posts
Standard language. Nothing new or odd about it.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
easy guys its a raffle. If they don't sell enough tickets they return the money. Its a chance on a car most of us will never have the opportunity to drive. I don't blame them for trying to protect their investment. If a charity can benefit thats all the better.

LLoyd
I've never had my $$ returned after a raffle failed. They just donate it to whatever the cause.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Gas they send you a disclaimer that they will return the money less $25 which goes to the veterans. You are required to sign it and return it to Ashley ford. This is a ford dealer do you think they want that kind of issues. i have never been involved with a failed raffle before.
I have bought many raffle ticket for cars and actually won a 1980 corvette on a $20.00 ticket. i'm feeling lucky on this

LLoyd

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Gas they send you a disclaimer that they will return the money less $25 which goes to the veterans. You are required to sign it and return it to Ashley ford. This is a ford dealer do you think they want that kind of issues. i have never been involved with a failed raffle before.
I have bought many raffle ticket for cars and actually won a 1980 corvette on a $20.00 ticket. i'm feeling lucky on this

I should buy a few tickets. Then if I win the wifey gets the vert, and we will need a 4 car garage, then we will have to build a new house, then we will have to sell our old house (for thousands less). Of course pay taxes on new car...... So I would be out several thousand $$, but my wife will be happy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ashley ford extended the raffle to 6/20/2009, Didn't make the minimum required sales. They reduced the min to 455 and max 500 tickets. I really didn't want to pick my new KR up in the dead of winter

LLoyd

·
Registered
346 Posts
I went an saw the KR today. Ashley Ford is about a half hour away from my home. The car is hot. Oh yeah I bought a ticket too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts