Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I started a new thread(which I soon took down).I did not want to get tar and feathered(thanks Prez)and I soon realized there was a break in the force.The thread was about how I was warned that the 2008 Shelby GT 500 balancer was not compatible with the 2007 crankshaft.I was told by a very reputable source, but he happened to be very,very,very wrong.The 2008 balancer is compatible with the 2007 crankshaft.They are the same frequency and are interchangeable.The 2008 crankshaft has also been redesigned and thats where the confusion came in.I had to go above the person that had led me astray(although not intentionally).Prez thanks for the instant heads up,Mustangracer I am sorry if I almost gave you a heart attack and sorry to the very few that saw the thread.I wasn't going to repost this till I talked to some very influential people and totally convinced what had happened in the previous conversation.I try and give you guys the real facts but sometimes this happens.Now that I know more about crankshafts,balancers and frequency than I ever thought I would know,I'd like to say sorry to those of you who almost fell over.:info-smilie:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Fred. Completely understandable. You talked to someone who is supposed to be in-the-know, and you were relaying the info to help all of us out. I sure do like this post better than the last one. :)

Unfortunately, you are only allowed one mistake per year, and this was it. You have to be completely mistake free for the rest of the year. One more mistake and I send out my uncle Vito to break your knee caps. :ninja:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification, Fred. Completely understandable. You talked to someone who is supposed to be in-the-know, and you were relaying the info to help all of us out. I sure do like this post better than the last one. :)

Unfortunately, you are only allowed one mistake per year, and this was it. You have to be completely mistake free for the rest of the year. One more mistake and I send out my uncle Vito to break your knee caps. :ninja:

No not uncle Vito,sorry

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'd like to say sorry to those of you who almost fell over.:info-smilie:
I'm glad I didn't go with my first instinct, which was to innundate you with questions via PM.

For once, I was patient and it paid off.

Thanks for the clarification, Fred.

·
Registered
888 Posts

He didn't make any mistakes the prior two years, so he still should have two forgivings on the books.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad I didn't go with my first instinct, which was to innundate you with questions via PM.

For once, I was patient and it paid off.

Thanks for the clarification, Fred.

Greg,
You are alwys welcome to PM me with outdated questions.:bandit:

·
Registered
888 Posts
You may save a little money getting it from Evolution. I got mine from them.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
He didn't make any mistakes the prior two years, so he still should have two forgivings on the books.
Sorry, mistake credits don't carry over from year to year. They are "use it or lose it"

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Thanks Fred, for staying on top of this and keeping us informed.:bandit:

I think I hear a collective sigh of relief.:worried: :simmadown:

·
Registered
86 Posts
What did I miss?? i just got out of the hospital from having a heart attack after reading a thread about balancers. which i had juuust put on my car.

ROTFL!!!

J/K !!

Thanks for clearing that up!!!

:blowingup:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hey Fred ,that source wasn't one of those Japanese guys running around the plant was it ? If so ,I can see how things would get a little mixed up then, with the language barrier and all.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Fred ,that source wasn't one of those Japanese guys running around the plant was it ? If so ,I can see how things would get a little mixed up then, with the language barrier and all.

No,quite the opposite.It was a Ford engineer.We all make mistakes.It just Fu*&^% me up.I had a lot of soul searching to do to fix this.:boohoo:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
No,quite the opposite.It was a Ford engineer.We all make mistakes.It just Fu*&^% me up.I had a lot of soul searching to do to fix this.:boohoo:
I thought Moderators were soul-less automatons?? :info-smilie:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who?

Fred?:thinkerg:

Can you ban a Moderator?:ninja:

No,you can't ban an automatron.:simmadown: What is an automatron?:info-smilie:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
No,you can't ban an automatron.:simmadown: What is an automatron?:info-smilie:
sort of like an Android....like Data on Star Trec....If he was given the wrong info he would have done just what you did Fred , not rest until he got to the correct information and the right conclusion.

Like I said before Fred....

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
sort of like an Android....like Data on Star Trec....If he was given the wrong info he would have done just what you did Fred , not rest until he got to the correct information and the right conclusion.

Like I said before Fred....
Yep - you're awesome Fred!!

Automatron or not. :bandit:

:roller:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts