Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2008 GT500 FOR 2,500 less then STICKER PRICE!!!!

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  harley99fb 
#1 ·
Okay here is the deal. I have a close relative that just took over a Ford dealership in upstate N.Y, I live in Texas. The area up there is apparantly not very good for selling high end mustangs so they are willing to sell this car at a greatly reduced rate. They also have two Saleens, one of which is a rare Parnelli Jones. I attached the picture of the GT500. Shipping the car will not be a problem.

Give me a call: Jon 817-874-3243

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well excuse us!

You didn't say you were in sales - you said you knew about a dealership half way across the country that was trying to sell a car.

Sorry we asked.

Good luck with that attitude.

#9 ·
hey everyone! lol...yeah dont come in here and get a sale lying!!!you loose credibility! i am actually a salesgirl for a Power store! :) I have actually sold a few GT 500's which are scary fast!!!One thing i didnt know is that you dont get the boost until the odometer reads 50 miles. I drove it and was like wt*!!! i almost lost a sell bc we test drove two...

Anyways!!! My email is DiazC@autonation.com so if you do need a good deal, email me so that I can give you some more details.. BTW...I am the only retail salesgirl here and apparently all of the nearby dealerships :) just fyi :)

#12 ·
not to try and contradict you on that, but i only read it off the GT500 owners manual. I did drive it for six miles ( our test drive is 3 miles but we did it twice) and no boost came on :(

I dont know where you got that, but it sure would have been nice for me to get the boost in :)

I had to have my customer come back and let me drive it :) It was awesome!

#13 ·
Mine had exactly 4 miles on it when it delivered to my dealer (it was a transfer) and I requested that they do NO dealer prep on the car because it requires them to drive it for a few miles. I wanted to be the one who 'activated' the supercharger myself.

On my test drive mine activated. I was at boost around 10 miles on the odometer.

Now that's my own personal experience, but it was already common knowledge amongst all Shelby owners.

#14 ·
You should go and re-read the manual.

This is exactly what my GT500 supplement states:

Driving your GT500

Alternate Calibration

Your 2007 Shelby GT500 Power Train Control Module (PCM) strategy
contains a feature to limit supercharger boost pressure and engine speed
to 4000 RPM for the first five consecutive miles of vehicle operation or
50 engine start / warm up cycles. This feature is enabled prior to
shipment. If neither of these conditions have been satisfied prior to
customer delivery, full power will not be available.:)

#15 ·
:thinkerg:

Huh. You mean actually reading the entire manual helped??

Who'da thunk it?!? :silly:

:rofl:

#16 ·
:thinkerg:

Huh. You mean actually reading the entire manual helped??

Who'da thunk it?!? :silly:

:rofl:
It's amazing how many interpretations people that read that come up with.

She said she drove it for 6 miles and no boost came on. I wonder if she knows that no boost will register on the gauge unless she puts her foot in it.:thinkerg:

#17 ·
I think you are not fully reading her message.

She said "I did drive it for six miles ( our test drive is 3 miles but we did it twice) and no boost came on."

Now did she actually drive it for 6 consecutive miles or, as I read it, she drove it for 3 miles twice. I'll assume that to mean that after 3 miles they stopped (may have shut the engine off) and then did it again, therefore the 5 consecutive miles as required to activate the boost was not reached which would mean 'no boost'.

That's the way I read it.

Arbour88

#18 ·
You may be right, but given the quotes she has used, I don't feel she knows much about the product she is selling. Such as:

" One thing i didnt know is that you dont get the boost until the odometer reads 50 miles."

"boost came on"

"boost in"

It's all good though, because I've only found a couple of salespeople who have as much knowledge about the GT500's as those of us who frequent these boards.

Good luck with the sales Christinado4.:cheers:

Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.