Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked our new 2008 GT500 convertible and wonder if anyone in Canada has the information about how many of the 2070 convertible built in 2008 were made for the Canadian market. The Ford Performance Group gave me the complete breakdown between Coupe & convertible by color and stripe but could not tell me how many were made for the Canadian market

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
933 Posts
How's it going pw30249?

That information is not kept on record. I called Ford SVT to find out how many Torch Red coupes with Ebony stripes were shipped to Canada, but they did not keep that information in a database which is too bad. I don't know of any other with my colour combo in Canada yet.

Did I meet you at the Deerfoot Mall a couple weeks ago?

Arbour88 (John)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,

Ford Canada Customer Relation Centre sent me an e-mail saying they do not have the data and pushed my request to their Research team. I'll keep you posted when I get something back from them. Yes, we met at the Deerfoot mail two weeks ago (small world !!)

pw30249 (Robin)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi John. You would kind of think that they would be able to just figure out how many where made with daylight driving, KLM odometer, and voila! Canadian base car. Please if you can. Keep us up to date on that one I for one would love that kind of detail.

Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gentlemen,

Ford Canada finally replied to my request and confirmed that 139 convertibles & 262 hardtops were made for the Canadian market in 2008. Unfortunately, they could not give me a breakdown based on colors.

Robin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Robin that`s good news maybe Ford Canada is going to pay a little more interest in that kind of information for us. When I get a chance I will get on them for the numbers for the 2009 year.
thanks again

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just received the Canadian production numbers from ford Canada for the Vapor 2009 this is the letter I was sent.
Dear Mr. Nantel,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. We received your message sent on 12/30/2009 regarding production number for 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.

We apprecaite your patience while be researched your inquiry. Below are the production numbers for the 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.

GT500 Convertible - Vapor Silver Clearcoat - Colour Code ZY = 16
GT500 Coupe - Vapor Silver Clearcoat - Colour Code ZY = 26

Number of Convertibles were 324
Number of Coupes were 107

Total number of Shelby GT500 produced in 2009 = 431

If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
Michelle
Ford of Canada
Customer Relationship Centre

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike,

Are you sure the numbers she gave you is for the Canadian market and not for the entire 2009 production ?? If Ford shipped 139 convertibles & 262 hardtops to Canada out of 8583 cars produced in 2008, how could they ship 342 convertibles & 107 coupe out of 3000 cars produced in 2009 ?? Could the number she gave you be for the entire 2009 production based on your color since around 15% of the cars produced in 2008 were Vapor Silver !! (15% of 3000 is 450 ??)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi Robin,

Those numbers are correct.

Ford produced 555 convertibles in 2009 and shipped 324 of them to Canada. Out of the 3004 coupes only 107 made the trip north of the border.

Apparently we think our convertible weather is longer than it really is. Well, in Calgary it should average no more than 6 (maybe 7) months. LOL

Arbour88

·
Registered
50 Posts
John is right in the Vapor color there was 16 verts and 26 coupes that were made for the Canadian market. So the numbers that you quoted are the total numbers of the production year for all the color made for Canadian market. I wish I could have gotten the brake down of all the numbers for each color.
Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did anyone get any numbers for Hugger Orange Coupes

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here is the address for all that kind of information from Ford Canada ([email protected])

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks ,,, I will post the results if they get back to me with any.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've now tried on 3 seperate occasions and they insist that they do not have the colour breakdown for the 2008 Canadian production data.

In fact I was able to provide them with more information than they were willing to share.

Very frustrating and not too pleased with their customer care department.

Arbour88

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got a reply from them ,,, and I quote.
"The production numbers of the 2008 Ford Shelby built for Canada are :Convertible 139, Hard top 262.

Unfortunately, as per our Research Department, how many of the coupes were Hugger Orange, with or without a stripe, is not available, as per our resources a breakdown of production figures by colour and vehicle options, is no longer available.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I guess that is one answer closer to getting what everyone is trying to get if we get different people to ask maybe we will get a good combination and put it all together our self.

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts