Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone succesfully put a deposit on this car? I don't mean a lottery or a list. An actual deposit. Praying that I can get one.It will be an act of god as my wife will not let me access the equity in our home. Thats okay if my prayers are answered. I don't want to come off sounding corny, but I believe all things are possible through prayer. Will swap the one I have in storage and drive it the lord willing. GGBIW

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I stopped by the local Ford dealer and asked one of the salesmen if they were going to get one and none of them had even heard anything about it.:confused:

I told them I was interested if they were going to get one and left my number but not a deposit.

I couldn't beleive they didn't even know about it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stopped by the local Ford dealer and asked one of the salesmen if they were going to get one and none of them had even heard anything about it.:confused:

I told them I was interested if they were going to get one and left my number but not a deposit.

I couldn't beleive they didn't even know about it.
Yes I know we are a little early on this but if we snooze we lose if you know what I mean. My dealer knew of it but that's about it. I'm hoping one of our senior members has more knowledge on this. The car is currently my screen saver. Hoping that it's not as close as I'll get to one. I read that god will give us the desires of our heart, sooo, I'm praying about it. Of course I'll praise his name regardless as he has truely blessed me already. Uh, it is sunday so forgive me if I'm preaching on our forum. That is not my intent,just being honest. GGBIW:)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Yes I know we are a little early on this but if we snooze we lose if you know what I mean. My dealer knew of it but that's about it. I'm hoping one of our senior members has more knowledge on this. The car is currently my screen saver. Hoping that it's not as close as I'll get to one. I read that god will give us the desires of our heart, sooo, I'm praying about it. Of course I'll praise his name regardless as he has truely blessed me already. Uh, it is sunday so forgive me if I'm preaching on our forum. That is not my intent,just being honest. GGBIW:)

ggbiw,
I have heard a few things but let me find out in the next couple of days,don't want to spread rumors.I'll get back with you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is from Shelby website: (full text>http://www.shelbyautos.com/faq.asp)

Shelby GT500KR

1. Will this vehicle be offered in addition to the Ford Shelby GT500?
A) Yes, both vehicles will be available at the same time.

2. Will every Ford dealer receive one?
A) No, production is limited to approximately 1,000 units and we have more dealers than that. Allocation will be handled through a lottery, the same way it was handled in the past with special vehicles.

3. How will you keep the dealers from charging a premium?
A) We encourage our dealers to follow MSRP guidelines, but Ford dealers are independent businesses. While we do not endorse or encourage it, we cannot control it.

ggbiw- unfortunately for the regular joe six-pack Shelby nuts like us, I envision the OWNER/ principals of the 1/4 of dealers who will get ONE GT500KR (~4000 Ford dealers in U.S.) via lottery will keep the car for their own personal collection, or sell at some ungodly (pardon the puns) $80-$100K++? level..sorry, this one will be the holy grail of GT500's. Hopefully 07 will find out something more optimistic..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is from Shelby website: (full text>http://www.shelbyautos.com/faq.asp)

Shelby GT500KR

1. Will this vehicle be offered in addition to the Ford Shelby GT500?
A) Yes, both vehicles will be available at the same time.

2. Will every Ford dealer receive one?
A) No, production is limited to approximately 1,000 units and we have more dealers than that. Allocation will be handled through a lottery, the same way it was handled in the past with special vehicles.

3. How will you keep the dealers from charging a premium?
A) We encourage our dealers to follow MSRP guidelines, but Ford dealers are independent businesses. While we do not endorse or encourage it, we cannot control it.

ggbiw- unfortunately for the regular joe six-pack Shelby nuts like us, I envision the OWNER/ principals of the 1/4 of dealers who will get ONE GT500KR (~4000 Ford dealers in U.S.) via lottery will keep the car for their own personal collection, or sell at some ungodly (pardon the puns) $80-$100K++? level..sorry, this one will be the holy grail of GT500's. Hopefully 07 will find out something more optimistic..
Thanks for the info. I fully intend to pay that much if I can put a deposit on one. It will go into the car capsule that I have my GT500 in as an investment and I'll drive the GT500 after I modify the hell out of it Per what our other members did to theirs. At that price you can buy a lot of car but I love Fords and the story about the company going back to when the company was formed. Nothing is to hard for god to do and that is why I'm praying he allows me to own one. It does say in the scriptures that he will give you the desires of your heart, all beit it has to be his will also. You said it yourself when you stated it will be the holy grail of GT500's. What seems imposible to man is nothing to whom I pray. I will do everything I can and ask god to pick up the slack. I truely believe what I just stated. That car I definately WON"T drive.I know that sometimes I sound like I'm full of myself. But honestly I'm not. We come into this world with nothing and that's how we leave. I hear what our members say about driving the one I own and all the reasons are valid. I'm humbled by what the lord has done for me already but feel he will answer my prayers. To someone that doesn't know the lord this makes no sence. The lord giveth and he taketh away also. He raises kings and takes them down. A GT500KR is a piece of cake if it's his will. Just my opinion,I don't want to offend anyone. But that's how I see it. GGBIW:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Won't need one now. Will be the proud owner of a GT500KR Supersnake!:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right on Prez! I'll guess around 35K with every option. Price yet to be detemined. Anybody else want to guess? Lets see who gets close. Maybe we give them a prize or something. GGBIW:rolleyes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
ggbiw.....are you saying you are on the list for a KR? I guess there will be a dealer lottery coming up soon.

Right on Prez! I'll guess around 35K with every option. Price yet to be detemined. Anybody else want to guess? Lets see who gets close. Maybe we give them a prize or something. GGBIW:rolleyes:
I am more optimistic $15K plus maybe $1K -$2K labor........ the Shelby CS6 upgrade is $15K for slightly less content... but I think economies of scale may allow SSnake to happen for roughly the same. I don't begrudge SAI a profit, they deserve it in spades but my hunch is I think (hope) Mr. Shelby is conscious that we don't want to ante up the same price as a new Mustang (entire car) just for super snake upgrades.

Everything SSnake sounds and looks great but I really don't see the need for entire new brake system :confused: ....the stock GT500 Brembo's are excellent... just my $.02

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm a little lest optimistic. I'm thinking $20K to $25K. All the cosmetic changes, suspension, brakes, engine upgrades they are putting on adds up to some pretty serious hardware. We'll see.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ggbiw.....are you saying you are on the list for a KR? I guess there will be a dealer lottery coming up soon.

I am more optimistic $15K plus maybe $1K -$2K labor........ the Shelby CS6 upgrade is $15K for slightly less content... but I think economies of scale may allow SSnake to happen for roughly the same. I don't begrudge SAI a profit, they deserve it in spades but my hunch is I think (hope) Mr. Shelby is conscious that we don't want to ante up the same price as a new Mustang (entire car) just for super snake upgrades.

Everything SSnake sounds and looks great but I really don't see the need for entire new brake system :confused: ....the stock GT500 Brembo's are excellent... just my $.02
About the GT500KR,There are few places willing to take a deposit. Problem is 1 of them was the dealer wanting 125K for a black GT500:eek: ! Working on another lead.Found 1 dealer that will sell his for 100K. No thanks. Praying about it.We'll see if the lord will answer :) . GGBIW

·
Registered
642 Posts
Can say that I read that the conversion will cost around $10K.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just placed my order yesterday for an 08' GT500. I've been 1st on the list at my dealer for a long time. I was given the 'opportunity' to order the KR, but I was told it would be "a hundred plus". Sorry, but unless I win the lottery, that's not going to happen. I told him that I have no regrets in declining his offer.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Welcome 08SCGT500, I'll take two at that price and keep my blown second gear for that matter.:p

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks shlbysvt. I guess it's pretty easy to see that I'm the 'new guy' here.

Question: Based on the posts you've read / own experience, what's the average wait time once you place the order?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks shlbysvt. I guess it's pretty easy to see that I'm the 'new guy' here.

Question: Based on the posts you've read / own experience, what's the average wait time once you place the order?
I don't mean to step ahead of shlbysvt, but this is a good question! Maybe it is worth taking a poll on the forum to get some kind of idea of the average wait time. I am thinking that there is a pretty huge varience in times waited. Our Prez waited over 400 days, mine was about 140 days and some of the more recent forum posters have received theirs in about a month I think.

You are going to be more interested in the more recent postings! They are much more encouraging! Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
It was 403 days to be exact. But that number could be a little misleading. I ordered from a tiny dealer out in the sticks, so I had a very low build priority. Once I was finally serialized (got a VIN), it took just over 2 months to take delivery.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That would be nice but the list of parts changed costs more tha 10K. I'm thinking more in the 25k to 30k for every option. GGBIW

1 - 20 of 21 Posts