Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m slowly getting a few upgrades completed on the Shelby. Now, I’m moving on to the brakes. I like the look of the red calipers and I see some front and rear Power Stop Z26 kits on American Muscle. Has anyone had any experience with the Power Stop brakes? I would prefer to go with the Brembo’s but was just curious about the Power Stops. I’m not buy them anytime soon, but just doing a little research while I get the funds together.

The factory brakes do fine for me because I don’t do any racing or go to a track. Just a little weekend toy on some back roads. I just want to dress it up a little with some painted rotors.

· Super Moderator
8,555 Posts
My only experience with Power Stop pads is on my Shelby F150. They leave me wanting to go back to OEM. They don’t bite nearly as well as the factory pads did. I feel like 30% less, if I have to hard brake I nearly stand on them. Several folks have used them on the 20+ and have no complaints. Not sure if any tracked their cars with them yet. I feel like 30% is a bit much on my giant beast of a truck but absolutely no dust at all.

• Helpful
Reactions: blackcad55

· Premium Member
2022 Rapid Red
318 Posts
I had Power Stop brakes on my 2008 Mustang GT with a Saleen Supercharger, and really liked them. They were definitely an upgrade over the factory brakes on a GT.

· Premium Member
08 Shelby Gt500 / 05 Gt
302 Posts
I currently have the Z26 Power Stop on my 08. Drilled and slotted. Painted my Calipers red. Little squeaky when cold , work better once they get warmed up. They don’t bite as hard as stock but bite plenty hard when you need them if that makes sense. I guess there’s a little more play is what I’m saying. I love them because i feel Like there’s more control. It’s an Upgrade on looks and performance. @MustangMac
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
2007 Black with Tungsten Gray Stripes, 2.8 KB, 3” pulley too many mods too list.
265 Posts
I put Power Stop ceramic pads on the 07, cut down on dust. I used red caliber paint with high temp decals from Amazon. Turned out great

· Registered
2018 GT350
3,793 Posts
Ran the Z26 on my 2018 GT350 and they were much less squeaky than the stock pads and made essentially 0 dust compared to the stock Brembo pads. That being said, there is definitely a performance dropoff and they don't bite as hard and can be overheated even with the massive brakes the GT350 comes with.

In short they're a fantastic street pad for the usual weekend cruiser/daily driver.

· Registered
'08 Brute GT500 modified, AMG C63s
62 Posts
I’m slowly getting a few upgrades completed on the Shelby. Now, I’m moving on to the brakes. I like the look of the red calipers and I see some front and rear Power Stop Z26 kits on American Muscle. Has anyone had any experience with the Power Stop brakes? I would prefer to go with the Brembo’s but was just curious about the Power Stops. I’m not buy them anytime soon, but just doing a little research while I get the funds together.

The factory brakes do fine for me because I don’t do any racing or go to a track. Just a little weekend toy on some back roads. I just want to dress it up a little with some painted rotors.
i bought my power stops and they warped fast plus they used to be lifetime warranty: they dropped that ball. I looked elsewhere. oB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts