Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have received vin# and bulid date aug 28....Black/tungsten strips and red inserts , looking forward on receiving the news on the next step in the proccess.....have being reading about the rest of you guys getting and finally driving this car ....soon I'll be the next.......yes......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Now be prepared to wait another 30-60 days for car to be delivered.

No way to speed up process so please be patient. I was not as patient as I should have been and it caused WAY to much anxiety and wasted phone calls.

now that I know what to expect on the second car and its being much easier.
Its the not knowing that kills ya'

good luck and keep us posted.

PM me last 6 of VIN and I can give you more details
How can you track with last 6 vin# , do you not need the complete Vin# ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can do it with the last 5

Complete VIN helps a bit but not needed if someone does not want to give it out

How about this: You give me last 5 of VIN and I can give you the Air pressure put in your tire when built!

It is different between coupe and convert
If your car is going west of mississippi I can tell you where its at.
The car is coming from a dealer in southern Alberta Canada.....the last 5# of the vin are 33662 . It would be nice to get current information, the sales guys don't allways get back to you as quickly as you like , they seem to be busy trying to sell new customers which is their job,,,,and I'm 5 hours away by car....in northern Alberta so its harder geting new info.....thanks for any info that you can provide me....scgt500

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it true most ordered cars like a year ago? What are the chances of finding one now - and oh yeah, not paying anything over MSRP?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Is it true most ordered cars like a year ago? What are the chances of finding one now - and oh yeah, not paying anything over MSRP?
The cars couldn't be ordered before the 13th of March, I think that is right. Mine was ordered the 15th of March. A few folks made deposits well before that. There are a few guys that have managed to find them at MSRP, but I have to agree with ShelbyTom, the chances of finding one now will be slim. There are a lot of guys with orders already in that are still waiting for VINs and such, every stage of waiting imaginable. Call some dealers, ask around. The best of luck to you in your search.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are looking for a Shelby in Canada, keep in mind that they are sold exclusively through SVT dealers. That is for the 2007 model year at least and I am not sure what 2008 will bring.

Sofa King

·
Registered
125 Posts
A new White and Blue was delivered to Windsor this morning. Sure wish I was the lucky owner. Oh well the next one should be mine

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine has finally arrived 2 weeks earlier than due date October 18/06 It sure is a thing of beauty and DAMN is it FAST!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
A lot of cars avail it just depends on what you want to pay for one. I would say anything under 10k over MSRP is a pretty reasonable buy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts