Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw in my local paper an artical about a 2007 Shelby GT that was announced to dealers in Las Vegas last week. Supposed to be an online publlic announcement on Sunday at www.fordboldmoves.com. LIkes nice, 325 hp, anyone have any other info about it. Says they will make between 4,000 and 10,000 models.

lol nm went to Stangsunleashed and there they had an artical on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have seen acknoledgements(sp) of this same car on two other car magazine websites. So seems like this could be something worth hearing more about.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Could it be?.............will it be told?...........................
Shelby GT 350......325HP...........For Rookies.

·
Registered
888 Posts
sandyman said:
Just what is needed, a starter Shelby. :D
Starter Shelby! That's a hoot!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hope they make this. Its a nice middle ground in a way, more than a GT, but less than a GT500. I'd love to trade my '06 in for one if they come out to be my new daily driver, but probably won't.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I guess ssss07 already has this covered...I received this in response to the GT350/Shelby GT question I posed to my dealer this morning...she was at the meeting in Las Vegas when the announcment was made...Production is tentatively set to start in January 2007...The following is from the Ford 'in house' website:

New Mustang Shelby GT announced

The Associated Press reported that Ford will produce a new Mustang Shelby GT, a retail version of the Shelby GT-H. The wire service noted that the newest pony car will make its first public appearance online this Sunday at www.fordboldmoves.com. (this is a new thing Ford has started where you can watch behind the scenes at the making of Ford – it’s pretty dang cool)

"We know the combination of Mustang and Shelby is magic, and we proved it again at the New York Auto Show," said Mark Fields. "That’s where we revealed the Shelby and Ford Racing-prepared Ford Shelby GT-H built exclusively for Hertz. It received rave reviews, and many dealers and customers asked: ‘Hey what about us?’ Good point. And we’re listening."

Carroll Shelby said the Shelby GT has "the heart and soul of the Mustang GT pumped up with a great noise, strong motor, and nimble chassis. It's one of those rare cars that's really easy to drive really fast."

"The Mustang is a ‘niche-mobile,’ a car great for generating positive attention and traffic to Web sites and dealership," said Michael Bernacchi, a marketing professor at the University of Detroit Mercy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts