Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all that cares,all convertible models of the 2007 Mustangs come with an optional cloth top.Standard convertible is still vinyl.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I edited the previous post.Please read.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, 07 Shelby!

As always, the latest available information with the appropriate corrections when necessary. Thanks for all the great "insider" news. The chase for early facts is a huge part of the ownership experience.

Since your opinions are based on 20+ years of experience, you're one of the very few I would even ask a question. So...I'm already making preparations to buy an '08 GT500 Convertible to go with my '07 Coupe. Based on what you've seen and heard, what chance do you think there is for the rumored GT500KR?

(My plan is to color-match a '67 GT500 Coupe/'68 GT500KR 'Vert with the '07/'08 Pair.)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only heard this on the net.I will try and find out.I have not heard this at work at all.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to a few people and there is talk of a Shelby GT 500KR.There is talk but I don't know for sure.I do know this though,DOMINION(company that makes our tire lines)was asked to bid on beefing up our equipment so we could put 22"(yes I said 22")tires on the 2008 Shelby.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I knew you'd dig up something! 500hp AND Dubs...sounds like my future plans need to include both '08 Coupe AND 'Vert. You da man, 07 Shelby!!!!

Regarding the much-speculated pricing issue for 2007, how close does this sound?
$39,990 - Base Price (Coupe)
$1,700 - Gas Guzzler
$1,295 - Shaker 1000
$195 - Sirius
$595 - Interior Upgrade
$720 - Destination
$44,495 - Total MSRP

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your guess is as good as mine but I'd say your in the ballpark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there any information about whether the GT500 be electronically restricted or unrestricted for top speed?

Previous information I received indicated that stripe-delete cars would have block S-H-E-L-B-Y letters spread across the rear under the spoiler, and striped cars would simply have a Shelby badge located to the left of the stripes under the rear spoiler. Any possibility of finding out the facts about these potential differences?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it is 150 to 155 but can be changed with a hand held computer.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
faststuff said:
Is there any information about whether the GT500 be electronically restricted or unrestricted for top speed?
Now, take this with a grain of salt, but the sales guy at the Denver Auto Show said the coupe would be electronically restricted to a top speed of 155 (stock tire limit) and the vert to a top speed of 135 (safety?).

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never heard that but it is possible.They both have Goodyear FA1 tires,same engine the only difference I know of is the vert. is 150 lbs. heavier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Generally, cars are electronically limited in relation to OEM tire fitment or a company decision based on safety or image. Either could be applicable, but I was hoping to have a definite answer. Even my source at SVT would only speculate, assuming the same thing we have been discussing. No official word, yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the answer to my own question posted earlier regarding badges and striping. Early in design, the spread block letters from the concept car were intended for stripe-delete cars and striped cars would get the left-placed badges. This was subsequently changed, and all cars will be badged identically with no block letters (available aftermarket from shop.shelby.com for $56 from the CS6). This applies to all cars... stripes or delete...coupe or convertible.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
faststuff said:

Previous information I received indicated that stripe-delete cars would have block S-H-E-L-B-Y letters spread across the rear under the spoiler, and striped cars would simply have a Shelby badge located to the left of the stripes under the rear spoiler. Any possibility of finding out the facts about these potential differences?

Yes it is electronically restricted to 150 to 155 but can be changed with a hand held computer!

All Shelbys GT500's have a Shelby badge located to the left under the rear spoiler whether it has stripes or not!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
07 SHELBY said:
I talked to a few people and there is talk of a Shelby GT 500KR.There is talk but I don't know for sure.I do know this though,DOMINION(company that makes our tire lines)was asked to bid on beefing up our equipment so we could put 22"(yes I said 22")tires on the 2008 Shelby.
There will be 19" wheels on the 2008 Shelby.Front is 8"x19" Rear is 11" x 19".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts