Registered
4,253 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
You can’t even get the 1:18 for that!
I guess I won't be getting that either.
I could fake being bummed about that, but they don't really do anything for me. I'm sure they're good cars for what they are, but just not for me.

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
Found a cool Wiki site when looking up something

Cool, I have seen Wiki info. on other cars, but had never looked up the R's......I see 22 gallon listed for the 95R fuel cell, so maybe it is 21 for the 2000R, it does not specify........I know they were close in gallons, but not the same. Ford found through the racing efforts of the 1993 Cobra R that too many fuel stops were made against the 1LE Camaro's, so they increased the fuel capacity on the 95R by adding a Fuel Safe cell which lessened the fuel stops and wasted time.

R

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
I guess I won't be getting that either.
I could fake being bummed about that, but they don't really do anything for me. I'm sure they're good cars for what they are, but just not for me.
There are always the lesser 2000 Cobra R toys......the HARD toys to find in today's world........RC's, light ups that make sound........

At one point I ended up buying the 2000 Maisto's for the variety of boxes that they came in over the years...........

^^^^^Note all 3 Maisto boxes on the left look similar, but have different labeling on the front and the bottom box is larger than the top two........I accepted a strong offer that I could not refuse on the Road and Track box, upper right..........

R

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
Who needs Wiki when we have @Robert M :)
Ok, so I hate to "Correct Wiki", but inquiring minds need to know...........So I believe further up in this discussion I mentioned 20 gallon on the 1995 Cobra R Fuel Safe fuel cell (and 21 gallon for the 2000 Cobra R, I think?)........and then I saw 22 gallon in the 1995 Cobra R Wiki info., ok, my memory from 15 years ago can be fading..........SO, I had to verify......From the SVT Press release for the 1995 Cobra R, that I "assume to be correct" info. this is listed on page 4 of the 12 page press release........maybe the SVT/SVE info. below is incorrect because the internet is always right!!....lol!!!

I am still "fairly" confident that I remember 21 gallon Fuel Cell in the 2000R.............

R

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
299 Posts
There are always the lesser 2000 Cobra R toys......the HARD toys to find in today's world........RC's, light ups that make sound........

At one point I ended up buying the 2000 Maisto's for the variety of boxes that they came in over the years...........

^^^^^Note all 3 Maisto boxes on the left look similar, but have different labeling on the front and the bottom box is larger than the top two........I accepted a strong offer that I could not refuse on the Road and Track box, upper right..........

R
I too had to have a `00 R model Robert. However, this one fit the budget back then and has collected a lot of dust since.

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
I too had to have a `00 R model Robert. However, this one fit the budget back then and has collected a lot of dust since.

View attachment 228249
^^^^^^^^^And that is such a Cool Maisto, not just the 2000 Cobra R in Maisto box, but also a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac AND a trailer with the 2000 Cobra R!!! A Very Cool/Unique display piece for a 2000 Cobra R owner!!!

............and yes, in the early days this stuff was cheap!!

R

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
Reactions: Saratoga87

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
299 Posts
^^^^^^^^^And that is such a Cool Maisto, not just the 2000 Cobra R in Maisto box, but also a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac AND a trailer with the 2000 Cobra R!!! A Very Cool/Unique display piece for a 2000 Cobra R owner!!!

............and yes, in the early days this stuff was cheap!!

R
I almost forgot I had a `00 in my little display case.

Attachments

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
For 93 & 95, a prospective buyer needed an active racing license to procure one. This requirement was dropped for the 00R.

^^^^^^^^That is because the 1993 and 1995 had specific racing classes they were designed for and Ford hoped that most owners would use those cars to race in those classes, plus there was racing support, even if it was though secondary teams..........

R
No, only 1995 had the racing license requirement. There was no such requirement for 1993. Which is why so many '93 R-models wound up in collections, not raced, which is what prompted Ford to require the licenses for '95.

In my opinion, it was fortuitous that few '93 R's were raced, because they didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against the 1LE Camaros. Hell, even if they had a 55-gallon drum for a fuel cell, the Camaros would have still murdered them. Ford was horsepower and chassis deficient in 1993.

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
No, only 1995 had the racing license requirement. There was no such requirement for 1993. Which is why so many '93 R-models wound up in collections, not raced, which is what prompted Ford to require the licenses for '95.

In my opinion, it was fortuitous that few '93 R's were raced, because they didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against the 1LE Camaros. Hell, even if they had a 55-gallon drum for a fuel cell, the Camaros would have still murdered them. Ford was horsepower and chassis deficient in 1993.
Yes, I forgot about that.......I was thinking about how "some" 1993 and 1995 Cobra Rs were actually raced in specific classes by the person who bought them and/or team racing........That may be why I put that together for both of those cars.........

Wasn't there a 305 and 350 1LE, 305 had manual trans. option and 350 was automatic only?.....seems like I remember something like that? Maybe I am wrong?

R

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
Yes, I forgot about that.......I was thinking about how "some" 1993 and 1995 Cobra Rs were actually raced in specific classes by the person who bought them and/or team racing........That may be why I put that together for both of those cars.........

Wasn't there a 305 and 350 1LE, 305 had manual trans. option and 350 was automatic only?.....seems like I remember something like that? Maybe I am wrong?

R
You're thinking 1992-earlier on the GM F-bodies. But when the new platform launched in 1993, ALL Z/28's (auto and manual) came with the 275hp LT1 350, the 305 was sent to the glue factory, and the Cobra's little 302 was totally out-gunned.

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,706 Posts
You're thinking 1992-earlier on the GM F-bodies. But when the new platform launched in 1993, ALL Z/28's (auto and manual) came with the 275hp LT1 350, the 305 was sent to the glue factory, and the Cobra's little 302 was totally out-gunned.
Thanks, I knew that info. was in there somewhere..............Yes, totally outgunned!!!.........Enter - High low end torque 351W for 1995......<<<That was a fun car also!

R

61 - 77 of 77 Posts