1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Get the pulley and intake from JLT and the Puller/Installer,Tunes from VMP.If you want the puller/installer JLT sells I would love to sell mine for $75.00 shipped.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I agree with what alloy snake said. I am not speaking from experience but most of the reviews/comments I have come across have been strongly in favor of JLT CAI and VMP pulleys.

A few members here have gone with the metco pulley/puller and have run into problems.

I would get an idler to take up belt slack so you dont get slippage.

Another benefit of the VMP pulley is you can get the "stock look" pulley which will help prevent warranty issues when you take your car in for service (I think).

check some of the other threads on the forums....they have tons of responses to questions just like yours.

good luck and keep us posted on your decision!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I agree with what alloy snake said. I am not speaking from experience but most of the reviews/comments I have come across have been strongly in favor of JLT CAI and VMP pulleys.

A few members here have gone with the metco pulley/puller and have run into problems.

I would get an idler to take up belt slack so you dont get slippage.

Another benefit of the VMP pulley is you can get the "stock look" pulley which will help prevent warranty issues when you take your car in for service (I think).

check some of the other threads on the forums....they have tons of responses to questions just like yours.

good luck and keep us posted on your decision!
+1 VMP!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Im not familiar with VMP
After a google search I think this is it - http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?

Ah there is the puller I found last month but couldnt locate when I was ready to buy. Grabbing the pulley by the ribs is much better then from behind.

I dont have to worry about warrenty as its "covered" ;)

Looking for a good pulley with a bling factor.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yea and gonna get a custom tune by the best - Greg @ RET :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought that the pullerinstaller will only work with the VMP 2.6 pulley only and not the Metco?
This puller is different from most on the market, it grabs the pulley by the ribs, and leaves no marks. It also works with Lightnings*, Roushcharged F150*, Roushcharged Mustang (09+ M90 with press fit pulley or P51 TVS).

Also includes tool/bolt to press on your aftermarket pulley.

Will remove and install factory press-fit pulley while supercharger is still installed on the car.
*Accommodates 2.6" to 3" pulleys, includes GT500 and Roush Mustang, other vehicles should be measured.

So is the Metco SC pulley the only one available for the GT500s?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a good package but I dont really want the "stealth" look.
Does anybody else make a GT500 SC pulley?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Then step up!!! Get the VMP adjustable front snout assy that will go down to a 2.2-Its an interchangebable system.If thats too much a Metco 2.6 looks pretty cool.Do you really want to see the license plate of the guy running next to ya?We are all different-I prefer zing to bling!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Would not recommend Metco upper pulley. Grabber had problems w/two of them and it turned out that they were not machined properly from Metco.

Result was a couple of broken pullers and still not getting the Metco 2.6 pulley on.

Recommend search for Metco pulley and/or Grabber.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then step up!!! Get the VMP adjustable front snout assy that will go down to a 2.2-Its an interchangebable system.If thats too much a Metco 2.6 looks pretty cool.Do you really want to see the license plate of the guy running next to ya?We are all different-I prefer zing to bling!
I want the best of both worlds :D

I will be seeing the guys license plate in my rear view mirror lol

I dont see the VMP adjustable front snout assy though

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Best bet is to call and talk to Justin-He can get you fixed up and may bring some things to light you may not even know about.He has a GT-500 and a Dyno so he has the experiance.There alot of positive post for VMP.That would be a great place to start.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want both :D

RR pulleys are reputable products for the Terminators but havent heard anything for the Shelbys

·
Registered
64 Posts
I want both :D

RR pulleys are reputable products for the Terminators but havent heard anything for the Shelbys
I have mine on order. In my option these are the best looking.

I will post a review once I get it on.

Jay

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Jay. Say what pulley puller you using?

·
Registered
64 Posts
VMP...heard nothing but good things:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts