Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Now this would be cool to take for a drive! Also... this garage is something else.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,587 Posts
Cool ass car that I didn’t know about! 🤟

Reactions: DKnight and Leo1074

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool ass car that I didn’t know about! 🤟
Me neither. I was shocked that they managed to squeeze such a big engine in there. I bet it sounds awesome!

Reactions: DKnight and Goose17

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Dave visited me, round-about two months ago... Super nice guy. This car makes me jealous, because it's the ultimate variant of my favorite year R-model. :)

·
Registered
2010 GT500, Kona Blue/White Stripes
328 Posts
Very cool! I don’t remember ever seeing anything about that 6.1L ‘95 before, but I do recall seeing that Roush intake on a few Roush cars from that era.
Am I the only one who feels a little sad for that never prepped 2KR? I guess it’s great for reference, but to what end, future concourse restorations? I guess he can just take the prototype press car out and beat on it if he feels the need?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool! I don’t remember ever seeing anything about that 6.1L ‘95 before, but I do recall seeing that Roush intake on a few Roush cars from that era.
Am I the only one who feels a little sad for that never prepped 2KR? I guess it’s great for reference, but to what end, future concourse restorations? I guess he can just take the prototype press car out and beat on it if he feels the need?
That 6.1 is 1 of 1. The fact that he's got it is crazy because I was reading about it and it was missing for a while.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,700 Posts
I'm with you, I'm wondering what that hood would look like if he tried to peel any of that predelivery plastic off. I'm guessing at best it would be a sticky mess, at worst, the paint is destroyed.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
I'm with you, I'm wondering what that hood would look like if he tried to peel any of that predelivery plastic off. I'm guessing at best it would be a sticky mess, at worst, the paint is destroyed.
I agree with both of you, in that I think that I would go ahead and yank the plastic off the paint... I would leave all of the other tags and markings and plastic wrappings in the interior, but I would be queasy about leaving that outside wrap on "forever". I'm sure that it's specially-developed stuff that's engineered to remove easily and cleanly. But Father Time can get weird with adhesives/plastics.

Nobody doing a concours restoration is going to wrap the car in white plastic. Well, maybe those NCRS/Bloomington Corvette freaks LOL...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts