Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 1967 Mustang Fastback to restore does anyone know where there might be one. Preferably under $5000.00.

·
Registered
373 Posts
will keep the look out for one =)
me and a buddy of mine restore cars and are looking for a boss or mach 1, will keep an eye out for a '67 fastback-

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
got a hit on one - going to go check it out and see what he wants for it saturday.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got a hit on one - going to go check it out and see what he wants for it saturday.
Hey thanks for keeping your eye out please let me know if you are able.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any luck did you get a chance to check the mustang out?

·
Registered
373 Posts
negative.
turns out he isn't open on weekends, or at least wasn't today- haha.
going to check it out this week.
on a lighter note i did get to ride in a 2005 saleen S281 with the 475HP package =D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
negative.
turns out he isn't open on weekends, or at least wasn't today- haha.
going to check it out this week.
on a lighter note i did get to ride in a 2005 saleen S281 with the 475HP package =D
Thanks for checking anyways. How was your ride in the Saleen?

·
Registered
373 Posts
There's a '66 for sale (3500 or best offer) in the newspaper from back home (defiance, ohio)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My neighbor has a 66 fastback that hes trying to sale me but would rather have a 67...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are you aware of the Dynacorn remakes? If you're planning a showcar or a streeter that you want to look perfect, this might be a good choice. The '67 project cars approved by Ford and shown in Ford's tent at SEMA '07 in Nov were based on Dynacorn pieces. They are all new, dimentionally perfect and arrive damage-freee due to individual cage & panel casing. I saw the raw pieces and two finished project cars at SEMA -- outstanding! But they do have MSRPs starting at $15K ('67 fastback). Not sure if this is what you're looking for tho. Good luck in any event!

Dan

<also, check out page-3 of the pdf link at the bottom of that webpage.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I am aware of the Dynacorn product. At that price I mise well spend it on a car that has the rest of the parts. For a shell I thinks thats it's to much.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That is not a lot of money when you start replacing structual components and end up with a car going down the road like a crab.

When you start paying a shop to put it on a frame jig and start cutting the car apart. Be very carful buying a 30 year old car. They weren't real big on rust prevention back then. It is very easy to cover rust up, Be aware of new undercoating. I got caught with sheet metal over the torque boxes and a fresh coat of undercoating.

In attempt to stop the car from sagging a former owner welded I beams in the inner frame rails.

It just kept getting worst

I rebuilt a 66 convertable nastiest job i've ever done. burnt out 3 black and decker 4" grinders. Lot of time trying to keep everthing straight while cutting torque boxes and inner rails.

I think in retrospect 15k would have been a bargain and probably ended with a straiter car

my .02

LLoyd

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a 1965 Fastback I did a full resto on took me 2 years to do it. I replaced everything on the car. Put new shock towers on, new inner front fenders on replaced floor pans. Just to name a few sheet meatl items. after all said and done I had $20,000.00 into the whole car including purchase price. I did all of the work so I save $$$ on that process.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Here is a 1965 Fastback I did a full resto on took me 2 years to do it. I replaced everything on the car. Put new shock towers on, new inner front fenders on replaced floor pans. Just to name a few sheet meatl items. after all said and done I had $20,000.00 into the whole car including purchase price. I did all of the work so I save $$$ on that process.
Wow Kerry! She's a beauty. Do you still have it. Very nice.:cool:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow Kerry! She's a beauty. Do you still have it. Very nice.:cool:

No Cal had to part with it shortly after a divorce:mad: but replaced it with this one plus a new an improved lady.:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
No Cal had to part with it shortly after a divorce:mad: but replaced it with this one plus a new an improved lady.:D
Sweet Kerry! Looks like you bounced back well after your divorce.

Beautiful car and lady.:cool:

·
Registered
373 Posts
PM sent. =)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah the '67's are sharper looking to me too. If you found one for $5k I'd be shocked. It would nearly have to be a rolling shell. I sold a bare '69 fastback shell a year ago for $4k. There was a '66 fastback for sale locally here that sold for $18,500 just last week. It was in nice condition. Good luck with your search. Let us know if you find one and for what price.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts