Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,371 Posts
I walked away if he dropped the price to offset the cost of the clutch problem. I might have bought it. I will keep looking for a nice one with no issues and a decent price.
I may just with a used GT350 18 or 19
Thanks for reaching out
We have quite a few GT350 owners on the forum. If you get a GT350, we’d love to see it!

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
497 Posts
Great color on the AMX. I have mostly seen like the red/white/blue combo over the years and you dont see a lot of them in any color.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,210 Posts
I walked away if he dropped the price to offset the cost of the clutch problem. I might have bought it. I will keep looking for a nice one with no issues and a decent price.
I may just with a used GT350 18 or 19
Thanks for reaching out
If you go to the GT350 be sure to get the 2019 or 2020. There were significant improvements made to those cars, over the past model years. I've had a 2007, 2011, and 2013 GT500 in the past and now a 2019 GT350. I enjoyed all my GT500's but the GT350 gets the nod for the best overall Shelby I've ever owned, and it's got a great six speed manual transmission! Keep us posted on your search!

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
497 Posts
Spring loaded...its a work out in traffic.
Even with out the spring, driving in traffic is still a workout, thats why my left calf is bigger than my right!

Reactions: racerx9965

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If you go to the GT350 be sure to get the 2019 or 2020. There were significant improvements made to those cars, over the past model years. I've had a 2007, 2011, and 2013 GT500 in the past and now a 2019 GT350. I enjoyed all my GT500's but the GT350 gets the nod for the best overall Shelby I've ever owned, and it's got a great six speed manual transmission! Keep us posted on your search!
Yes I remember reading about that in car & driver. When I bought 2019 Ford Bullitt it had magna ride. I put steeda lowering springs and steeda front & rear sway bars they were way thicker especially in the rear. It made a big difference in the corners. I been looking at 2028&2019 GT350.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If the GT500 is a 10 on stiffness the GT350 is about a 6/6.5. Where my buddy's 07 vette was like a 1.
I think that is a lot better on my hip and knee I am talking to a couple of dealers. One dealership has a 2014 GT500 actually 3 of them and a 18 shelby GT350. I am looking for one with 2 owners and less and he has one GT500 1 owner with 20,000 miles if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey this is one by me it has silver stripes and and the window sticker says it is suppose to have interior seats with stripes. I don't see any interior stripes on the seats and I was told that the 14 shelby gt500 did not come with silver exterior stripes. Is that true???
Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
497 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture, but if those are Recaro or aftermarket seats, then no stripes, possibly they swapped out the base seats after delivery. No silver stripes, black, white, red and blue stripe options, see the attached 14' order guide for further.

Attachments

Reactions: racerx9965

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hard to tell from the picture, but if those are Recaro or aftermarket seats, then no stripes, possibly they swapped out the base seats after delivery. No silver stripes, black, white, red and blue stripe options, see the attached 14' order guide for further.
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Actually the stripes exterior look matte black the closer I look the car has corsa axle back exhaust and of course the quarter window isn't stock.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 in Red Candy.
21 Posts
I had a new 2014 Ruby Red GT500 and those are low gloss black tape stripe which it says on the window sticker posted on their website. Mine were low gloss black stripes on my 2014 and therefore would not have any stripes on either seat choice and why I went with black stripes instead of white. Those seats are Shelby Man Leather Recaro seats shown on the window sticker.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 in Red Candy.
21 Posts
Plus its a one owner car from Florida according to the Carfax snapshot on their site.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I had a new 2014 Ruby Red GT500 and those are low gloss black tape stripe which it says on the window sticker posted on their website. Mine were low gloss black stripes on my 2014 and therefore would not have any stripes on either seat choice and why I went with black stripes instead of white. Those seats are Shelby Man Leather Recaro seats shown on the window sticker.

OK thank you again for the help I am going to run a car fax on it and see what pops up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
so I ran a carfax on 14 ruby red GT500 it's 1 owner from Florida. He wants 59,000
Also looking at 2- 18 Shelby gt 350 low mileage on both
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

21 - 40 of 45 Posts