Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what the proper oil level is supposed to be for a 13-14 GT500 TVS 2.3L Supercharger?

When I opened mine up it was about 3/16 of a inch below the drain plug and wasn't sure if these ones are supposed to be filled to the plug or not. I noticed on the older M122 they were supposed to be filled to the bottom of the plug, but wasn't sure if this is a different spec for the TVS 2.3L

If you have a 2.3L TVS what is your level at?

Thanks,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All FYI... I found this in the 13-14 service manual,

The SC has a self-contained oiling system that does not require a fluid change for the life of the vehicle.
However, at every 48,000 km (30,000 mi) interval, the SC fluid level should be checked. The vehicle should
be parked on a level surface, the engine cool and not running. To check the oil, remove the Allen head plug
located at the front of the SC . The oil level should be at the bottom of the fill plug threads when cold. If the
fluid level is low, add Motorcraft Synthetic Supercharger Fluid or equivalent.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
508 Posts
All FYI... I found this in the 13-14 service manual,

The SC has a self-contained oiling system that does not require a fluid change for the life of the vehicle.
However, at every 48,000 km (30,000 mi) interval, the SC fluid level should be checked. The vehicle should
be parked on a level surface, the engine cool and not running. To check the oil, remove the Allen head plug
located at the front of the SC . The oil level should be at the bottom of the fill plug threads when cold. If the
fluid level is low, add Motorcraft Synthetic Supercharger Fluid or equivalent.
Don't buy Fords XL-4 oil at ovah $40 for a 4 OZ. bottle from Amazon. Ford quoted me $80 a bottle. They're nuts!!! It is a complete RIPOFF.

Go to your Chevy dealer and buy the AC Delco 12345982 4 OZ. bottle for $13.
Both should be compatible. If not then you could change it out for way cheaper than Ford's fluid. I changed mine to AC Delco and I run a 2.9L Whipple and even they recommend the AC Delco.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to get some of the XL-4 for $30. I would rather just use the Ford Motorcraft stuff but Ive heard the 2 are basically the same.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
508 Posts
Don't buy Fords XL-4 oil at ovah $40 for a 4 OZ. bottle from Amazon. Ford quoted me $80 a bottle. They're nuts!!! It is a complete RIPOFF.

Go to your Chevy dealer and buy the AC Delco 12345982 4 OZ. bottle for $13.
Both should be compatible. If not then you could change it out for way cheaper than Ford's fluid. I changed mine to AC Delco and I run a 2.9L Whipple and even they recommend the AC Delco.
These are the ones Whipple recommends:
Whipple part number SCOIL-155 (W140) or SCOIL-200 (W200), Ford Motorcraft part number XL-4, or GM part number 12345982.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts