Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the Belt Tensioner Drive assembly (BT-74) Not the belt but the actual accessory drive belt Tensioner.
On the 13-14 gt500 models it looks to have a hex bolt holding it on. I am not sure what size it is and don't want to strip out the hole.
I noticed on the wear marks it was showing needing a belt replacement. I got a new motorcraft belt and it is still showing in the worn side. I want to try and replace the tenstioner since they are only about $50.

Anyone know the size for the hex bolt?

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,435 Posts
It's not a hex, it's a torx. I just took my belts off yesterday to track down a bearing noise on one of my pulleys. I have a couple of new belts on order, so I will be crawling back under in the next few days. I can get you a size reference then. It's going to be a little too cold to venture underneath it tomorrow. While I have a Thump tensioner on the supercharger belt, I still have the stock tensioner on the accessory drive and it's got plenty of tension. You don't need to remove it to change the belt. Just use a 15mm socket or wrench on the bolt holding the pulley to the tensioner and turn it clockwise to remove the belt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it. Its a T-50. I'm not trying to change the belt, already did that. I think the tensioner itself has gone bad.

Thanks for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts