Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

recently joined this forum. I am getting ready to tune my 08 gt500 and I was debating whether or not to do a tune for 100 octane fuel. I tried to find some dyno charts for 100 octane tunes with the stock blower but I have had no luck.

I just want to see approximately how much more power the car will put out with the improved octane and see if its worth the extra dyno time for the tune.

mods on the car

metco 2.6 pulley
metco idler
JLT CF intake
Afco heat exchanger
moroso intercooler reservoir
Basani 3 inch exhaust with high flow cats(stock headers)
3.73's
sct xcal3

if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Hey guys,

recently joined this forum. I am getting ready to tune my 08 gt500 and I was debating whether or not to do a tune for 100 octane fuel. I tried to find some dyno charts for 100 octane tunes with the stock blower but I have had no luck.

I just want to see approximately how much more power the car will put out with the improved octane and see if its worth the extra dyno time for the tune.

mods on the car

metco 2.6 pulley
metco idler
JLT CF intake
Afco heat exchanger
moroso intercooler reservoir
Basani 3 inch exhaust with high flow cats(stock headers)
3.73's
sct xcal3

if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony
Welcome and congrats on the car! Post pics when you can. We love pics.:)

Give Fred a call at Evolution. John Lund does their tunes. One of the best in the buisness. I'm sure they have a 100 octane tune and can give you all the details.
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/

Cal

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the car! Post pics when you can. We love pics.:)

Give Fred a call at Evolution. John Lund does their tunes. One of the best in the buisness. I'm sure they have a 100 octane tune and can give you all the details.
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/

Cal
Yup....got one. 545 rwhp 519 rwtq on a 75f day. Metco 2.6". I use 1 can of Torco Acellerator with 1/2 tank of BP93 for around 100-103 ocatane.

bj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops, i forgot to mention that i have a pro racer package and that i would be doing the tuning.

i would probably run the gas low and put in how ever many gallons of 104 that my buddys shop carries to get to or over 100 octane. when ever i wanted to run the 100 octane/race tune

ill get pics when i take her to the dyno

thanks
anthony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts