Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if their Shelby has been assigned a Sequence date or a Blend date?These are the 10 steps to getting your Shelby from ordering to driving it out of the dealership.

1-receipt date
2-serialize date
3-segment date
4-sequence date
5-blend date
6-produced date
7-gate release date
8-ship date
9-arrival date
10-sold date
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I better clarify this,so here goes!

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle.

Whew,that's a lot of typing but should take care of most of the questions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
866 Posts
Hello 07 Shelby,

I though I would ask this so you only need to answer once vs 100 pm's.

Once you have a serial number what is the time frame to go from steps 2 to 7 I know there is no hard or fast rule but was hoping there was some type of average.

Thank you,

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,466 Posts
Couple of questions:

1. If my order changed from Clean/Unscheduled to Material hold, can I assume it has passed step 1 and is waiting for step 2?

2. Will an order on Material hold ever get a VIN, or does it have to come off Material Hold first?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
866 Posts
Well this is good news for sure, 45 days give or take that will go quick (I hope) after reading steps to getting shelby it looks like if I understand they have decided on the week and day that it is going to be built. So steps 4 - 5- 6 are the big days to know what is going on. Or maybe I am just not reading this right. Thank you checking this out...you know how long I have waited on a serial number... I was starting to think it was all a pipe dream but with a VIN it looks like it is a little closer to step 10 :)

Your the best and were all lucky we crossed paths with this site and you :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you will have it before you know it.
Well Steeda or Bassani?Will the Ford honor under warranty?We have a Steeda rep here all the time except shut down.I will talk to him next monday.He will have all the answers.I will ask all the questions.I will let you know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Busababy empty your PM messages.You will have to delete some to receive any more and I sent 1 you can't get till you do so.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
866 Posts
Great thank you so much... work them over and see what they say. I have the part number for Steeda exhaust just not 100% on the sound clip. If you find anything out good or bad about the process of my car please keep me posted thinking now 45 days might just be a very long time :( I am gratefull don't get me wrong but have talked about this car to everyone till I am blue in the face and another 45 days is going to be a killer... look forward to little bits of info when you find them out :) Will help pass the time...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Busababy check out post 9.
I will keep you up to date.I now all the emotions.I have felt them and heard them from many a people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Does anybody know if their Shelby has been assigned a Sequence date or a Blend date?These are the 10 steps to getting your Shelby from ordering to driving it out of the dealership.

1-receipt date
2-serialize date
3-segment date
4-sequence date
5-blend date
6-produced date
7-gate release date
8-ship date
9-arrival date
10-sold date
That's 8 of them out of the way! Yahoo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,466 Posts
oldimp said:
That's 8 of them out of the way! Yahoo!
Hell, I'd just like to make it to step 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I thought I better clarify this,so here goes!

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle.

Whew,that's a lot of typing but should take care of most of the questions.
07 SHELBY...Thanks for the update. I'm halfway there! Blend Date 7-28-06...:D :) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,466 Posts
Congrats, ShelbyWise. You're making progress.

I, on the other hand, am still stuck on #1. :mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rpretzel said:
Congrats, ShelbyWise. You're making progress.

I, on the other hand, am still stuck on #1. :mad:

It will come faster than you think.Well maybe not that fast but it will come.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
866 Posts
The trick I am using is focusing attention on something else...for me it is the busa, ordered a set of Yosh Cams for it for another 12hp and 8ft-lbs of torque...like it needs it but look forward to the UPS truck to come, rip all the fairings off disconnect a million hoses... you know the drill...that should buy me at least 3 weeks of content... than back on the "I want my Shelby Bus" again... or maybe a new big screen would be nice :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
busababy said:
The trick I am using is focusing attention on something else...for me it is the busa, ordered a set of Yosh Cams for it for another 12hp and 8ft-lbs of torque...like it needs it but look forward to the UPS truck to come, rip all the fairings off disconnect a million hoses... you know the drill...that should buy me at least 3 weeks of content... than back on the "I want my Shelby Bus" again... or maybe a new big screen would be nice :)

See we need gearhead therapy.How do it happen?You put a little money down on a Shelby,now you can't think right.Next thing you know you are painting factory body parts.Then before you know it you are buying cobra keychains,cobra shirts,cobra floor mats,you are asking your wife if you can change your daughters name to Shelby!Buying new Axle Backs,CAI and tuner,3.73 gear and pinion.Help,Help,Help!Uncle!Sorry I am a little pumped tonight!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
866 Posts
I have done almost all of those ... floor mats... yes I found a place that sells them that have the snake on them. They are bright Red www.50resto.com what type of floor mats are in the Shelby..?? Anything cool or just black Carpet ? Thanks for the idea 07.. now get back to therapy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,466 Posts
busababy said:
The trick I am using is focusing attention on something else...for me it is the busa, ordered a set of Yosh Cams for it for another 12hp and 8ft-lbs of torque...like it needs it but look forward to the UPS truck to come, rip all the fairings off disconnect a million hoses... you know the drill...that should buy me at least 3 weeks of content... than back on the "I want my Shelby Bus" again... or maybe a new big screen would be nice :)
I've been focusing on home repairs (not by choice). The last week has been hell. First my shower starts leaking water all over the floor, then a faucet in my backyard broke and flooded my basement, then the compressor on my central AC seized up, and now one of the valves on my sprinker system started leaking. I must have pissed off some sort of home owner god. I'm just waiting for the 4 horesemen to ride up my driveway. Sheesh.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
busababy said:
I have done almost all of those ... floor mats... yes I found a place that sells them that have the snake on them. They are bright Red www.50resto.com what type of floor mats are in the Shelby..?? Anything cool or just black Carpet ? Thanks for the idea 07.. now get back to therapy.

They are plain charcoal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
866 Posts
Just ordered Bright Red with the Cobra in the Center... will post pictures once they arrive :) Now when sitting in the garage with the lawn chair and exhaust I will have floor mats to put down :)
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top