Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another step closer to completing the handling pack. Just need to get my hands on those pesky wickers. Dealer said ETA was moved to 2/2!

I’ll be installing this next week:

6D52D443-942E-410E-8D55-3AEFFE92667D.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,317 Posts
Another step closer to completing the handling pack. Just need to get my hands on those pesky wickers. Dealer said ETA was moved to 2/2!

I’ll be installing this next week:

View attachment 209812
Congrats on the score!

Ive installed 3 of these now. Put some rags around the engine to prevent dropping parts. The process is at 55:45 here:

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
205 Posts
Congrats on the score!

Ive installed 3 of these now. Put some rags around the engine to prevent dropping parts. The process is at 55:45 here:

Didn’t think about using rags to help with dropped parts. Thanks for the tip! I purchased one of these from a member here (they used JLT instead). Plan to install this when I take my car down in the spring.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Goose, your video was perfect and really helped! Just finished the install.

The only thing that kinda bugs about this add-on is the rear silver wiring harness under the strut brace touches the oil separator on the top corner. I ended up putting a short piece of split wire loom flex guard on that section where it makes contact.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,317 Posts
Goose, your video was perfect and really helped! Just finished the install.

The only thing that kinda bugs about this add-on is the rear silver wiring harness under the strut brace touches the oil separator on the top corner. I ended up putting a short piece of split wire loom flex guard on that section where it makes contact.
There is a wire tie strap with a push pin in the kit that wraps around that harness to hold it back into place.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There is a wire tie strap with a push pin in the kit that wraps around that harness to hold it back into place.
yeah, I installed it on the bottom corner but where it goes towards the engine, mine hits that corner of the separator on the top side. It barely touches, I’m sure I’m just being ocd. Maybe I didn’t position the cable harness back far enough?

F66A6158-B31A-4904-8A3D-5735C075DFFC.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,317 Posts
yeah, I installed it on the bottom corner but where it goes towards the engine, mine hits that corner of the separator on the top side. It barely touches, I’m sure I’m just being ocd. Maybe I didn’t position the cable harness back far enough?

View attachment 209925
It should be fine, but you have a nice solution to make doubly-sure.

Reactions: BrakeFade
1 - 8 of 8 Posts